White Pizza with Bacon, Spinach and Mushroom
- 1 – 12″ pizza dough
- 1/3 cup sliced portobello mushrooms
- 1/3 cup fresh spinach
- 4 slices bacon, cooked & chopped
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup white pizza sauce(recipe below)
White Pizza Sauce:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- For the sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, add 2 tbsp butter. Once butter is melted, add flour, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Stirring frequently, slowly add milk. Once sauce thickens, about 3 minutes, remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Place pizza stone in the oven for 10 minutes to get stone nice and hot. – skip this step if you are using a pizza pan.
- Stretch pizza into a 12″ circle using your hands or a rolling pin. Then gently fold all edges of the pizza over to form crust. About a 1/2″ all the way around the edges. Place pizza on a piece of parchment paper if you are using a pizza stone so it is easy to transfer to the stone. If you are using a pizza pan, place pizza on lightly greased pan.
- Evenly spread white pizza sauce over pizza. Then, evenly sprinkle spinach, mushrooms and bacon on top of the sauce. Next drop tablespoons of ricotta cheese evenly on top of the pizza. Finally, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- If you are using a baking stone, remove from the oven and place pizza on the stone.
- Bake in the oven at 475 degrees for 5 minutes. Turn heat down to 425 and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove pizza from the oven and let cool. Slice and serve immediately!
For more recipes like my White Pizza with Bacon, Spinach and Mushroom, view all of my Pizza Recipes here.