Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars – Chewy and delicious chocolate chip cookie bars are the perfect easy dessert recipe. Top a warm cookie bar with vanilla ice cream for absolute perfection!
There is nothing better than a warm classic chocolate chip cookie. I took the classic chocolate chip cookie and turned it into these thick and chewy easy chocolate chip cookie bars. They exceeded my expectations!
This recipe is so easy to make and takes less than five minutes to whip up the dough. From start to finish the recipe takes about 35 minutes. You’ll get 9 large cookie bars out of this recipe so if you are cooking for a crowd, simply double the recipe.
I served my chocolate chip cookie bars warm with a cold scoop of vanilla ice cream. Talk about one delicious dessert! You can top these cookie bars with your favorite ice cream or serve with an ice cold glass of milk.
Bring these yummy treats to parties, potlucks, picnics, and more! Your guests will be sure to be impressed. Or, just keep them at home for when your sweet tooth kicks in.
These cookies last about 3 days in an airtight container on the counter. You can also make this dough ahead of time, freeze or refrigerate and bake when you are ready. For more details on storage and freezing, see below.
Tools to have on hand:
- 8″ x 8″ Baking Dish – To bake your cookie bars in.
- Measuring Spoons + Cups – For measuring your ingredients.
- Mixing Bowl or Stand Mixer – For mixing your cookie dough.
Ingredients you need to make Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars:
- Butter – Softened to room temperature.
- Vegetable Oil – You can also use canola oil if you don’t have vegetable oil.
- Egg – Increase richness of the cookie.
- Brown Sugar – Molasses in the brown sugar adds a nice depth of flavor.
- White Sugar – Granulated white sugar works best, you can also use organic cane sugar.
- Vanilla – You can use a pure vanilla extract or imitation vanilla.
- Chocolate Chips – You can use semi sweet, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate chips.
- All-Purpose Flour – Extremely versatile flour perfect for cookies.
- Baking Powder – For a light and fluffy cookie.
- Salt – To enhance the flavor of the cookie.
How to make my super yummy Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a small bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder.
In the bowl of your stand mixer, add butter, vegetable oil and sugars. Beat until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix to combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
Press cookie dough mixture into a lightly oiled or parchment paper lined baking dish.
Bake cookie bars for about 25-30 minutes until top and edges are golden and a toothpick runs through the cookie clean.
Remove cookies from oven, let cool, slice and serve. Top with vanilla ice cream (optional). Enjoy!
Recipe Notes: If you don’t have a hand mixer, you can easily mix this dough recipe by hand using a mixing bowl and large fork.
How to store homemade cookie bars:
These cookies will last in an airtight bag or container on the counter for up to 3 days.
You can also store the raw cookie dough or baked (cooled) cookies in an airtight container or freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to use the dough, remove from freezer and let soften up just enough so you can easily form balls of dough. Then, follow recipe instructions.
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more dessert recipes I think you’ll love:
- Lemon Cheesecake Cookies – The most amazing light and fluffy lemon cream cheese cookies with a delicious lemon glaze drizzle.
- Thumbprint Cookies with Strawberry Jam – Soft and chewy Thumbprint Cookies with strawberry jam sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Thumbprint Cookies – A chewy and delicious peanut butter cookie with a grape jelly thumbprint baked to golden perfection.
- Classic Sugar Cookies – A classic Christmas sugar cookie recipe perfect for holiday cookie decorating.
- Classic Brownie Recipe – Delicious chocolate fudgey brownies baked with chopped nuts.
If you tried this recipe, please don’t forget to leave a review. Thank you!
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Butter softened
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup White Sugar
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add butter, vegetable oil and sugars. Beat until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix to combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Press cookie dough mixture into a lightly oiled or parchment paper lined baking dish.
- Bake cookie bars for about 25-30 minutes until top and edges are golden and a toothpick runs through the cookie clean.
- Remove cookies from oven, let cool, slice and serve. Top with vanilla ice cream (optional). Enjoy!