Best Ever Double Chocolate Chip Cookies - Brownie like double chocolate cookies are the perfect balance between a cookie and a brownie. These cookies are out of this world delicious!
I am so excited to share a brand new cookie recipe with you all! With a chocolate chewy brownie like texture layered with chocolate chips, these cookies are absolutely delicious! The best part? They are super easy to make!
Making cookies at home from scratch is so easy which is why they are my favorite dessert to make! And of course because they are so yummy dipped in a cold glass of milk. Or heated up for a few seconds in the microwave and topped with creamy vanilla ice cream.
Ingredients you need to make the BEST Chocolate Cookies:
All-Purpose Flour - Extremely versatile flour perfect for baking cookies.
White Sugar - White granulated sugar or cane sugar both work in this recipe.
Brown Sugar - Light or dark brown sugar both work great in this recipe.
Butter - Salted or unsalted butter both work great in this recipe.
Cocoa Powder - A good quality cocoa powder is best. Like Hersheys or raw.
Baking Soda - To assist in the rising process.
Salt - I almost always use sea salt in my recipes but you can use any cooking salt you have on hand.
Vanilla Extract - A good quality pure vanilla extract is best.
Egg - Increase richness of the cookie.
Chocolate Chips - Dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
*Full measurements and instructions listed below.
Tools to have on hand:
- stand mixer or hand mixer – To mix your cookie dough.
- baking sheet – For baking the chocolate sugar cookies.
- cooling rack – To cool the cookies after baking.
- measuring cups and spoons – For properly measuring all of your ingredients.
- parchment paper – This will prevent the cookies from sticking to your baking sheet.
- small bowl – For rolling the cookies into sugar prior to baking.
How to make brownie-like Double Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together brown sugar, white sugar and butter. Mix over medium speed until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. (You can also mix in a bowl with a fork or rubber spatula.)
In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients over medium speed until well incorporated.
Fold in chocolate chips. Let dough firm up on the counter for 10 minutes.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Scoop balls of dough onto the cookie sheet using a cookie scoop or measuring about 2 tablespoons of dough.
Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes until toothpick runs through cookie and comes out clean.
Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to let cool. Enjoy!!
*Store completely cooled cookies in an airtight container or storage bag on the counter for up to 2-3 days.
More cookie recipes you'll love:
Brown Butter White Chocolate Cookies - Soft and chewy white chocolate chip cookies made with browned butter have become my absolute favorite cookie to make. They are golden, buttery and irresistibly delicious! You are going to love them just as much as I do.
Best Chewy Molasses Cookies - Chewy and delicious molasses cookies made with warm spices are the perfect holiday cookie. These Molasses Cookies were a huge hit in my house and I guarantee they will be a hit in your home too.
Chewy Thin Chocolate Chip Cookies - These chocolate chip cookies are thin, buttery, soft and chewy. In my opinion, there’s nothing better than a warm chocolate chip cookie dipped in cold milk!
Thumbprint Cookies with Strawberry Jam - oft and chewy thumbprint cookies sprinkled with powdered sugar are the absolute perfect treat. These are by far one of my favorite cookies.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Butter softened
- ⅓ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together brown sugar, white sugar and butter. Mix over medium speed until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. (You can also mix in a bowl with a fork or rubber spatula.)
- In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients over medium speed until well incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Let dough firm up on the counter for 10 minutes.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop balls of dough onto the cookie sheet using a cookie scoop or measuring about 2 tablespoons of dough.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes until toothpick runs through cookie and comes out clean.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to let cool. Enjoy!!