One-Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes – Moist and delicious chocolate cupcakes made in one bowl. These cupcakes are not only delicious and easy to make but clean up is a breeze!
This recipe makes 1 dozen cupcakes. If you are baking for a crowd, simply double the recipe!
Ingredients that I use to make perfectly moist chocolate cupcakes:
- White Sugar – Regular white granulated sugar is what I always use. You can also use an organic cane sugar.
- All-Purpose Flour – Unbleached, pre-sifted flour or cake flour.
- Cocoa Powder – A good quality cocoa powder is best.
- Salt – I use sea salt in almost all my baking recipes but you can use whatever salt you have on hand.
- Baking Powder – Lightens texture and gives cupcakes rise.
- Baking Soda – This is key to help your cupcakes rise while baking.
- Milk – I used whole milk in this recipe.
- Hot Coffee/Hot Water – Coffee brings out the flavor of the chocolate in the cupcakes so I prefer hot coffee in this recipe but you can use hot water and that would work fine too!
- Greek Yogurt – This gives the cupcake an extra tang and makes them even more moist. You can also use sour cream if you don’t have Greek yogurt.
- Vanilla Extract – I’ve used pure vanilla extract and I’ve used vanilla flavoring in this recipe and they both work great.
- Egg – For structure, moisture and richness.
- Vegetable Oil – For a lighter moist cupcake.
Tools to have on hand to make this recipe:
How to make Chocolate Cupcakes from scratch:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a standard sized cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners.
In a large mixing bowl, add all of the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
Add egg, milk, yogurt, vegetable oil and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
Finally, add the hot coffee and mix until you have a nice smooth batter.
Fill cupcake liners about two thirds of the way full.
Bake cupcakes in the oven for 17-19 minutes until a toothpick runs through the cupcake and comes out clean.
Let cupcakes cool completely before you frost them.
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more dessert recipes I think you’ll love:
- White Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Easiest No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
- Lemon Cheesecake Yogurt Bars
One Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup hot coffee/hot water
- 3 tbsp greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a standard sized cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Add egg, milk, yogurt, vegetable oil and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Finally, add the hot coffee or hot water and mix until you have a nice smooth batter.
- Fill cupcake liners about two thirds of the way full.
- Bake cupcakes in the oven for 17-19 minutes until a toothpick runs through the cupcake and comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool completely before you frost them.