Baked Chicken Flautas - Shredded chicken rolled in flour tortillas baked to crispy perfection. These flautas make for a perfect appetizer, party food, lunch or dinner!
My baked chicken flautas are knock your socks off delicious and super easy to make! From start to finish they take less than 30 minutes to make. These make for the perfect appetizer or main course.
Serve your baked chicken flautas with your favorite salsas, guacamole, sour cream and more. We topped ours with fresh pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream. It was absolutely delicious. I'll link some delicious dipping recipes for you to try below!
Because these flautas are baked they are slightly healthier and lighter than a traditional fried flautas and still deliver huge on flavor. For the shredded chicken, you can easily make my Mexican Shredded Chicken or you can use rotisserie chicken for an even easier meal.
This recipe makes about 8 flautas. If you are cooking for a crowd, simply double the recipe.
Tools to have on hand when making this recipe:
- Baking Sheet - For baking your flautas.
- Basting Brush - To baste the flautas with oil to help create a crisp outside.
- Measuring Spoons + Cups - For measuring your ingredients.
Ingredients you need to make these easy baked flautas:
- Shredded Chicken- About 2 cups.
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Oregano
- Lime Juice
- Cilantro (Fresh)
- Flour Tortillas - Small soft taco sized flour tortillas.
How to make homemade Baked Chicken Flautas:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly oil sheet.
Add shredded chicken to a large bowl and mix with seasonings, lime juice and cilantro.
Tightly roll ¼ cup of shredded chicken in each flour tortilla and transfer to baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Using a basting brush, lightly oil outside of flautas.
Bake for 12-15 minutes until flautas are nice and golden.
Serve flautas with your favorite toppings!
What to serve with these scrumptious baked chicken flautas?
- Homemade Guacamole - It’s the perfect guac and you can whip it up in less than 5 minutes.
- Fresh Avocado Salsa Verde - Fresh and authentic Mexican style avocado salsa verde. The perfect salsa to top your tacos, burritos, chips and more!
- Homemade Spicy Pico de Gallo - Simple salsa with tomato, onion, jalapeno, lime and cilantro.
- Sour Cream
- Lime Wedges
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more recipes I think you'll enjoy:
Creamy Chicken Taco Soup - Easiest taco soup recipe cooked on the stovetop with shredded chicken, pinto beans, tomato and corn in a creamy flavor packed soup finished with cilantro and lime juice.
Pollo Asada Tacos - Delicious authentic Mexican style marinated chicken tacos grilled to perfection on the barbecue and topped off with avocado salsa verde, onion, cilantro and radishes.
Easy Chicken Tacos - Easy stovetop chicken tacos served with fresh pico de gallo done in under 30 minutes.
Slow Cooked Al Pastor Tacos - Mexican style al pastor pork slow cooked in the oven. Serve on hot tortillas with fresh pineapple salsa.
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas - Flavor packed enchiladas loaded with shredded chicken, sour cream and cheese smothered in green enchilada sauce topped with sliced avocado and fresh cilantro.
Baked Chicken Flautas
- 2 cups Shredded Chicken
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro Fresh, chopped
- 8 Soft Taco Flour Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly oil sheet.
- Add shredded chicken to a large bowl and mix with seasonings, lime juice and cilantro.
- Tightly roll ¼ cup of shredded chicken in each flour tortilla and transfer to baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Using a basting brush, lightly oil outside of flautas.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until flautas are nice and golden.
- Serve flautas with your favorite toppings!