Ground Turkey Spaghetti Recipe - The most easy and delicious Turkey Spaghetti using simple ingredients you have in your fridge/pantry. Done in under 30 minutes, we make this recipe at least one night a week! This is seriously the best spaghetti meat sauce recipe.
Spaghetti meat sauce made with ground turkey, Italian seasonings, garlic, onion and carrot simmered in tomato sauce and parmesan cheese. Turkey Spaghetti is not only delicious but it is healthier than traditional meat sauces that use sausage or ground beef.
This has become my FAVORITE way to make homemade spaghetti meat sauce. From start to finish this sauce only takes about 25 minutes to make, getting dinner on the table fast!
This recipe will serve about 4-6 people depending on everyones appetite. If you are cooking for a larger crowd, simply double the recipe.
Turkey spaghetti also makes amazing leftovers! You can store your leftovers in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
Ingredients you need to make Homemade Spaghetti Sauce:
Ground Turkey - You'll need one pound of ground turkey. I used 90/10 fat ratio but you can also use 85/15. You can also use ground beef or ground Italian sausage in this recipe.
Tomato Sauce - Tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes both work great in this recipe. I used two 15 ounce cans of tomato sauce but you can also use one large 28 ounce can.
Onion - Yellow, white or red onion all work great.
Garlic - Fresh garlic is best.
Carrot - You'll need a half ¼ cup of grated carrot in this recipe which is equivalent to about 1 large carrot. Carrot adds a delicious hearty flavor to the sauce, so i don't recommend skipping this ingredient.
Seasonings: Salt, Black Pepper, Dried Oregano, Dried Basil, Dried Parsley.
Spaghetti - Regular spaghetti, thin spaghetti, angel hair pasta or any short cut pasta is fine! I used thin spaghetti in this recipe.
Balsamic Vinegar - Adds a delicious flavor to the sauce! If you don't have balsamic vinegar, that's ok you can substitute for red wine or skip this ingredient all together.
Parmesan Cheese - Freshly grated parmesan cheese is best but you can use pre-shredded as well!
Olive Oil - Olive oil is best but you can also use avocado oil or butter in this recipe.
Tools to have on hand for this recipe:
- Dutch Oven or Large Saucepan – To boil the pasta & to cook your turkey spaghetti sauce in.
- Cooking Spoon – To stir sauce while cooking.
- Cutting Board _ For prepping veggies
- Chef Knife – Prepping veggies.
- Measuring Spoons + Cups – To ensure all of your ingredients are properly measured.
How to make the best Turkey Spaghetti:
Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add carrot and onion to the pan. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over veggies. Cover and cook for a few minutes until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.
Add garlic and ground turkey to the veggies and cook until turkey is fully cooked through about 10 minutes.
Stir in tomato sauce, seasonings and parmesan cheese. Cover and cook over a very low simmer for another 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve Turkey Spaghetti Sauce over cooked spaghetti! Enjoy!
Side Dishes to serve with spaghetti:
Simple Caesar Salad - My quick and easy caesar salad is made with homemade dressing, crunchy romaine, croutons and freshly shaved parmesan cheese.
Rustic French Bread – Dutch oven bread recipe you can easily make in the comfort of your home! There is nothing better than the smell of freshly baked bread. Serve homemade french bread sliced with warm butter or use as sandwich bread and more!
More Favorite Pasta Recipes You'll Love:
One Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta - Easy flavor-packed one pot chicken parmesan pasta made simply with fresh herbs and melty mozzarella cheese. The best part about this comfort meal is that it is budget friendly, kid friendly and is so easy to make.
Southwest Chicken Alfredo - Creamy and delicious southwest style chicken pasta is the perfect easy dinner recipe. Made with seasoned pan seared chicken, onions, garlic and penne pasta tossed in a mouthwatering southwest style cream sauce.
Meatball Pasta Bake - The ultimate ziti pasta bake made with homemade meatballs in a delicious tomato sauce with parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
Creamy Tomato Cajun Chicken Pasta - The ultimate ziti pasta bake made with homemade meatballs in a delicious tomato sauce with parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 2 15 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup yellow onion grated or finely chopped
- ¼ cup carrot grated or finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1-½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1-½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add carrot and onion to the pan. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over veggies. Cover and cook for a few minutes until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and ground turkey to the veggies and cook until turkey is fully cooked through about 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, seasonings and parmesan cheese. Cover and cook over a very low simmer for another 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve Turkey Spaghetti Sauce over cooked spaghetti! Enjoy!