Easy Homemade Garlic Bread – Classic garlic bread recipe with one secret ingredient that places this garlic bread above the rest. Serve warm with your favorite pastas, salads and soups.
Tools to have on hand to make garlic bread:
- Baking Sheet – To bake your garlic bread on.
- Parchment Paper – To prevent your bread from sticking to the baking sheet.
- Small Mixing Bowl – To mix the garlic bread spread.
- Knife or Basting Brush – To baste the bread with garlic spread.
- Measuring Cups + Spoons – For properly measuring ingredients in this recipe.
There is nothing better than hot freshly baked garlic bread. Especially when it’s dipped in the bowl of your favorite pasta! Making garlic bread at home is so easy to do and my recipe only takes 15 minutes from start to finish!
Next time your at your local grocery store, pick up a large loaf of your favorite French or Italian bread. The secret ingredient in my garlic bread recipe is cream cheese! It gives the bread such a delicious creamy flavor that is out of this world.
We served our Easy Homemade Garlic Bread with a classic spaghetti and meatballs and it was amazing. I will link some of my favorite main courses that pair perfectly with garlic bread for you below.
This recipe serves about 6 people giving each person about 2 slices. If you are cooking for a large crowd, simply double the recipe.
Ingredients you need to make Easy Garlic Bread:
- French or Italian Loaf – You’ll need a large one pound loaf. Try my delicious easy homemade Rustic French Loaf recipe.
- Cream Cheese – I used full fat cream cheese in this recipe.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted butter both work great in this recipe.
- Garlic – Fresh garlic is highly recommended but you can also use garlic powder (use 2 tsp).
- Parsley – Fresh is best in this recipe! If you only have dried herbs, use 1 tsp dried parsley in substitution for fresh.
- Basil – Fresh is best in this recipe! If you only have dried herbs, use 1 tsp in substitution for fresh.
How to make Easy Homemade Garlic Bread:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a small bowl, add softened cream cheese, butter, half of the chopped herbs and minced garlic. Mix well to combine.
Cut your bread loaf in half lengthwise. Place bread cut side up on a parchment paper lined or lightly oiled baking sheet.
Spread butter mixture evenly on top of the bread. Bake garlic bread in the oven for 10 minutes.
For a more golden top, transfer bread to the broiler for about a minute or until top is lightly browned.
Sprinkle garlic bread with remaining fresh herbs, slice and serve! Enjoy!
To store the garlic bread: Place cooled bread in a large storage container or in a storage bag on the counter for up to 3 days.
Here are some of my favorite main courses to serve with garlic bread:
- Classic Sausage Lasagna – Super delicious and simple lasagna recipe made with sausage, homemade robust tomato sauce, mozzarella and ricotta cheese. This is the perfect family and kid friendly comfort meal.
- Simple Spaghetti & Meatballs – The meatballs are cooked to perfection in a skillet then simmered in tomato sauce to allow the flavors of the meatballs to fully develop into the sauce.
- Crockpot Italian Meatballs – Homemade Italian meatballs are the perfect easy weeknight meal cooked low and slow in your slow cooker.
- Chicken Parmesan – (Chicken Parmigiana) Crispy breaded baked chicken topped with melted mozzarella cheese. Serve over a bed of pasta with marinara sauce.
- Creamy Chicken & Sausage Pasta – Penne pasta with shredded rotisserie chicken and sausage tossed in a delicious creamy parmesan sauce.
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more of my favorite bread recipes:
- Rustic French Bread – DELICIOUS French Bread recipe you can easily make in the comfort of your home!
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks – These breadsticks are soft, chewy, mouthwatering good!
- Buttermilk Rolls – Warm, soft and fluffy buttermilk rolls with a golden outer crust make these the best buttermilk rolls eve
- Texas Toast – Warm, buttery and delicious thick cut garlic bread with a secret ingredient toasted to golden perfection.
If you tried this recipe, please don’t forget to leave a review.
Easy Homemade Garlic Bread
- 1 lb. French or Italian Loaf
- 2 oz Cream Cheese very soft
- 1/2 cup Butter very soft
- 1 tbsp Fresh Garlic minced
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh Basil chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, add softened cream cheese, butter, half of the chopped herbs and minced garlic. Mix well to combine.
- Cut your bread loaf in half lengthwise. Place bread cut side up on a parchment paper lined or lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Spread butter mixture evenly on top of the bread. Bake garlic bread in the oven for 10 minutes.
- For a more golden top, transfer bread to the broiler for about a minute or until top is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle garlic bread with remaining fresh herbs, slice and serve! Enjoy!
- To store the garlic bread: Place cooled bread in a large storage container or in a storage bag on the counter for up to 3 days.