Best Easy Baked Meatballs - Flavor-packed delicious homemade baked meatballs are the perfect comfort meal! The meatballs are tossed in marinara sauce and served over a bed of spaghetti or on toasty rolls.
My homemade meatballs are extremely flavorful, tender and mouthwatering delicious! Not only are they so tasty, but they are super easy to make. Baking meatballs helps them to maintain their round shape which is sometimes difficult when searing them in a pan.
After the meatballs are done baking, toss them in your favorite marinara/pasta sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. I'll link my super easy and delicious homemade Marinara Sauce recipe for you here.
This recipe will make 20 medium sized meatballs which will serve about 4-5 people. If you are cooking for a large crowd, you can easy double this recipe. Homemade meatballs make excellent leftovers as well!
Simply store leftover meatballs in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. To reheat, pop them in the microwave using one minute increments until hot, stirring in between.
You can also reheat them in a saucepan on the stove over low heat, stirring occasionally, until nice and warm.
Ingredients you need to make Best Easy Baked Meatballs:
Parmesan Cheese – You’ll need parmesan cheese to top the sandwiches with and to put in the meatball mixture.
Ground Beef – I recommend using a leaner ground beef. I used 88/12. I would recommend using 85 or leaner to prevent the meatballs from shrinking up.
Egg – This will go into the meatball mixture to help hold the meatballs together.
Onion – You can use yellow, white or red onion in this recipe.
Garlic Cloves – Fresh garlic is best.
Worcestershire Sauce – Adds a really nice flavor to the meatballs.
Ritz Crackers – If you don’t have ritz crackers, you can also use panko or regular breadcrumbs.
Basil – Fresh or dried basil both work great in this recipe.
Oregano – Fresh or dried oregano both work great in this recipe.
Parsley – Fresh or dried parsley both work great in this recipe.
All-Purpose Flour – Assists in holding the meatballs together nicely while baking.
Brown Sugar – Adds a nice slight sweetness to the meatball. You can use light or dark brown sugar.
Ketchup – If you don’t have ketchup, you can use tomato sauce instead.
Mustard – Yellow mustard or grainy/dijon mustard all work great.
Black Pepper – Fresh cracked or ground.
Salt – I used sea salt, but you can use your favorite cooking salt.
Marinara Sauce - You’ll need 3 cups of marinara/pasta sauce. You can use my recipe or your favorite 24 oz. jar of pasta sauce.
*Full measurements and instructions listed below.
Tools to have on hand for this recipe:
- Baking Sheet – To bake the meatballs on.
- Parchment Paper – To prevent the meatballs from making a mess on your baking sheet.
- Mixing Bowls – To make the meatball mixture.
- Measuring Cups + Spoons – For properly measuring all of your ingredients.
- Saucepan – For heating up the sauce and tossing meatballs in before serving.
How to make the Best Italian Baked Meatballs:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients expect for the marinara sauce. Mix until fully incorporated.
Form meatballs using a 1 ½ tablespoon cookie scoop or with your hands. This should make 20 meatballs. Transfer to parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
Heat marinara/pasta sauce on the stove in a large pot. Gently toss meatballs in the sauce.
Serve over a bed of spaghetti or on toasty french rolls for a delicious sandwich. Enjoy!
What to serve with homemade meatballs?
Serve meatballs tossed in marinara sauce on toasty french rolls with mozzarella and parmesan cheese for a delicious Meatball Sub Sandwich.
Another great idea is to make mini meatball sliders with the homemade meatballs by placing meatballs on a toasty Hawaiian rolls with mozzarella cheese.
The most popular way to serve meatballs is tossed in marinara sauce over a bed of your favorite cooked pasta!
Having a party? Serve these meatballs as an appetizer on sticks for your guests to easily grab one at a time to enjoy.
More Italian Inspired Dishes You'll Love:
One Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta - Easy flavor-packed one pot chicken parmesan pasta made simply with fresh herbs and melty mozzarella cheese. The best part about this comfort meal is that it is budget friendly, kid friendly and is so easy to make.
Tomato Basil Pizza - Homemade pizza recipe made with fresh mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, fresh basil, garlic, and tomatoes.
Slow Cooker Lasagna - My Slow Cooker Lasagna recipe is full of delicious flavors starting with the meat sauce made with Italian sausage, onions, carrots, garlic and robust tomato sauce. Layered with cottage cheese, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, this lasagna is golden cheesy perfection.
Baked Chicken Parmesan - (Chicken Parmigiana) Crispy breaded baked chicken topped with melted mozzarella cheese. Serve over a bed of pasta with marinara sauce.
Best Baked Meatballs
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- ⅓ cup Onion finely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ cup Crushed Ritz Crackers or Breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon Basil dried or 1 teaspoon fresh chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Oregano dried or ½ teaspoon fresh chopped
- 1 teaspoon Parsley dried or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped
- 1 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Yellow Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 3 cups Marinara Sauce see notes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients expect for the marinara sauce. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Form meatballs using a 1 ½ tablespoon cookie scoop or with your hands. This should make 20 meatballs. Transfer to parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Heat marinara/pasta sauce on the stove in a large pot. Gently toss meatballs in the sauce.
- Serve over a bed of spaghetti or on toasty french rolls for a delicious sandwich. Enjoy!