Marinara Sauce – Perfect red sauce for pastas, pizzas, sandwiches, dipping, and more. This is my go-to recipe that I use at least once per week!
What ingredients go into making a delicious marinara sauce?
- tomato sauce
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
What tools do I need to make this recipe?
How do I make Marinara Sauce?
Step 1: Grate carrots, celery and onion.
Step 2: Add butter and olive oil to a saucepan over medium heat. Add grated veggies to the pan and begin to cook, stirring occasionally until tender.
Step 3: Add minced garlic, salt, oregano, parsley and basil. Cook an additional minute.
Step 4: Stir in balsamic vinegar and tomato sauce. Cover and simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
Can I make Marinara Sauce ahead of time?
Yes. Store marinara in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can freeze the sauce in freezer safe containers (like these ones) or in freezer bags for up to 3 months. When you are ready to use the sauce, remove from freezer and heat sauce on the stove.
Here are some delicious recipes to use with my Marinara Sauce:
- Fried Zucchini – “Zucchini Fries” are the perfect appetizer or side dish dipped in your favorite marinara sauce or ranch dressing. This is also a great way to get the kiddos to eat their veggies!
- Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches – Made with baked parmesan chicken, mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce on toasty bread!
- Chicken Parmesan – (Chicken Parmigiana) Crispy breaded baked chicken topped with melted mozzarella cheese. Serve over a bed of pasta with marinara sauce.
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup onion grated
- 1/4 cup celery grated
- 1/4 cup carrot grated
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped, or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped, or 1 tsp dried
- 1/2 tbsp fresh oregano chopped, or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Grate carrots, celery and onion.
- Add butter and olive oil to a saucepan over medium heat. Add grated veggies to the pan and begin to cook, stirring occasionally until tender.
- Add minced garlic, salt, oregano, parsley and basil. Cook an additional minute.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and tomato sauce. Cover and simmer on low for about 20 minutes.