Biscuits and Gravy - Best easy biscuits and gravy recipe made with easy oven baked biscuits and a simple homemade sausage gravy. The ultimate comfort food you will love!
Serve biscuits and gravy for breakfast with eggs, potatoes, fresh fruit and more. You can also serve them on their own or as a dinner side dish.
From start to finish, this recipe only takes about 30 minutes to make. The can refrigerated biscuits make this recipe super easy! You can also use your favorite homemade recipe and bake them from scratch.
Ingredients you need to make Easy Homemade Biscuits and Gravy:
Can Refrigerated Biscuits - We used one 16 oz can Grands Southern Homestyle Biscuits, but you can use your favorite brand or your favorite homemade recipe. You'll need eight biscuits.
Ground Pork Sausage - You'll need a half pound ground pork sausage - I recommend Jimmy Dean or your favorite brand.
Onion - Yellow, white or sweet onion all work great in this recipe.
Garlic - One clove of fresh garlic. If you don't have fresh, you can use ½ teaspoon ground garlic in substitution.
All-Purpose Flour - Regular all-purpose flour is used to thicken the gravy.
Salt - We used Himalayan salt but you can use sea salt or regular table salt.
Black Pepper - Freshly cracked or ground black pepper.
Thyme - Dried or fresh thyme. If using fresh, double the amount.
Parsley - Dried or fresh parsley. If using fresh, double the amount.
Milk - We used whole milk in this recipe, but you can also use a lower fat content milk.
Tools to have on hand for this recipe:
- Baking Sheets - To bake your biscuits on.
- Non-Stick Skillet - For cooking gravy in.
- Spatula - To stir gravy while cooking.
- Measuring Cups & Spoons - For properly measuring all of your ingredients.
- Chef Knife and Cutting Board - To chop up the onion and mince garlic.
How to make Biscuits and Gravy:
Bake biscuits according to package instructions. When done, transfer to cooling rack.
Add chopped onion and ground pork sausage to your non-stick skillet. Cook over medium heat until sausage is browned and onions are tender.
Add minced garlic and cook another minute.
Sprinkle flour, parsley, salt, black pepper and thyme over the sausage and mix to combine.
Slowly add milk while stirring frequently until gravy thickens. When done, remove gravy from heat.
Serve biscuits with sausage gravy. Enjoy!
More recipes like Biscuits and Gravy:
Quick Drop Biscuits - My super easy quick biscuits are done in 20 minutes from start to finish! They are super fluffy, buttery and full of flavor despite the short amount of time it takes the make them.
Cornbread Muffins - Serve warm cornbread muffins with butter and honey. These muffins go excellent with chili, barbecued dinners, and so much more!
English Muffins - Fresh homemade english muffins are not only delicious but they are surprisingly very easy to make! Serve hot with butter and jam or make a delicious breakfast sandwiches out of the muffins.
Easy Biscuits and Gravy
- 16 oz Can Refrigerated Biscuits Grands Homestyle or similar
- ½ lb Ground Pork Sausage jimmy dean or similar
- ¼ cup Yellow Onion chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Dried Parsley
- ½ tsp Dried Thyme
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 cups Milk whole or similar
- Bake biscuits according to package instructions. When done, transfer to cooling rack.
- Add chopped onion and ground pork sausage to your non-stick skillet. Cook over medium heat until sausage is browned and onions are tender.
- Add minced garlic and cook another minute.
- Sprinkle flour, parsley, salt, black pepper and thyme over the sausage and mix to combine.
- Slowly add milk while stirring frequently until gravy thickens. When done, remove gravy from heat.
- Serve biscuits with sausage gravy. Enjoy!