The flakiest, butteriest, most delicious empanada dough! And it’s super easy to make. You can use this empanada dough for any kind of empanada your heart desires. From pulled pork, to chicken, to beef, to veggies, to even fruit filled! So yummy!
makes 8 empanadas
- 2 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter ( cut into cubes )
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup ice cold water
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- Place your cubed butter, flour and salt in a mixing bowl and blend together using your finger tips until it is coarse and lumpy. Set Aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg, water and vinegar. Add to flour mixture and combine with fork until just incorporated.
- Turn out dough onto a floured surface and knead gently for a few moments. Shape dough into a rectangle. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill in fridge for 1 hour or more.
- When you are ready to use your dough, cut into 8 equal pieces. Using a rolling pin, roll out all 8 pieces of dough into circles. Place your filling into one side of your circle and fold over the other side to bring edges together. Using a fork, seal the open edge of your empanada. I typically will bake my empanadas for about 15 minutes at 400 degrees.