Homemade Pesto – Made using fresh basil, pine nuts, garlic, parmesan cheese, and olive oil. Serve on pasta’s, pizza’s, sandwiches and more!
Pesto is one of those delicious sauces that you can use in so many different ways. That is one of the reasons I love it, other than the fact it is down right delicious!
You can use pesto on pizza, pasta, sandwiches, salads and more. This recipe is really simple and only takes a few minutes to make! I used this pesto in my Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pesto Pasta and it was really delicious!
My pesto recipe makes about a cup of sauce so feel free to double the recipe if you need more. Store homemade pesto in the fridge in an airtight jar for up to 3-5 days.
Tools to have on hand:
Ingredients you need to make this recipe:
- Pine Nuts – Or you can use walnuts as pine nuts tend to be pricey!
- Fresh Basil – You must use fresh basil in this recipe.
- Lemon Juice – You’ll only need about a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Garlic Clove – Fresh garlic is a must in this recipe.
- Parmesan Cheese – Fresh parmesan is best in this recipe.
- Olive Oil – A good quality olive oil is best.
How to make Homemade Pesto Sauce at home from scratch:
Making homemade pesto is easier than ever. All you have to do is add all the ingredients to a blender and blend smooth.
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more recipes I think you’ll love:
- Marinara Sauce – Perfect red sauce for pastas, pizzas, sandwiches, dipping, and more. This is my go-to recipe that I use at least once per week!
- White Pizza Sauce – Creamy and delicious pizza sauce made with parmesan cheese, garlic, and herbs.
- Classic Pizza Sauce – This pizza sauce is robust and full of flavor! It’s not only great on pizza but is also delicious as a dipping sauce.