This pizza sauce is robust and full of flavor! It’s not only great on pizza but is also delicious as a dipping sauce. I know it may be easier to just grab a jar of pizza sauce at your local grocery store, but making your own from scratch is so much better! And luckily this is super quick and easy to make! It only takes about 15 mins from start to finish.
Classic Pizza Sauce
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 onion finely chopped
- 1 celery stick finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 basil leaves finely chopped (or 1 tsp dried basil)
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Place olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and celery and cook for about 5 mins or until soft. Add garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low and add remaining ingredients. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on your favorite pizza dough or use as a dipping sauce for breadsticks and more!