White Pizza Sauce – Creamy and delicious pizza sauce made with parmesan cheese, garlic, and herbs. This recipe is so easy to make and can really transform your pizza into something so delicious!
Tools you need to make pizza sauce:
- Saucepan – For cooking your white pizza sauce.
- Wooden spoon or cooking spoon – To stir your pizza sauce while it’s cooking.
- Garlic press – To mince your garlic.
- Measuring Spoons and Cups – To properly measuring your ingredients.
Ingredients you need to make White Pizza Sauce:
- Butter – You can use unsalted or salted butter in this recipe.
- Parmesan Cheese – Fresh grated parmesan cheese is always best!
- Flour – Regular all-purpose flour is best.
- Whole Milk – You can also use 2% milk or almond milk if you don’t have whole milk.
- Basil – Fresh basil is best but you can also use dried basil in this recipe. If you do, half the amount.
- Garlic Clove – I highly recommend using fresh garlic but you can also use garlic powder. If you do, half the amount.
- Black Pepper – You can use fresh cracked black pepper or ground black pepper.
- Salt – I almost always use sea salt but you can use whatever salt you have on hand.
Try my absolutely delicious White Pizza with Bacon, Spinach and Mushroom (shown above) using this white pizza sauce recipe.
How to make homemade white pizza sauce from scratch:
In a small saucepan over medium heat, add butter and garlic. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until better is melted and garlic is fragrant. Add flour, basil, salt and pepper. Stirring frequently, slowly add milk. Continue to stir until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
To store the pizza sauce: Store completely cooled pizza sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If you enjoyed this White Pizza Sauce recipe, here are some more of my favorite sauce recipes:
- Homemade Marinara Sauce – Perfect red sauce for pastas, pizzas, sandwiches, dipping, and more. This is my go-to recipe that I use at least once per week!
- Classic Pizza Sauce – This pizza sauce is robust and full of flavor! It’s not only great on pizza but is also delicious as a dipping sauce.
- Carolina BBQ Sauce – This Carolina BBQ Sauce is pretty close to perfect! Get ready to indulge in a delicious BBQ sauce! This baby is a game changer.
White Pizza Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 tsp dried basil or 1/2 tbsp fresh
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add 2 tbsp butter and garlic. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until better is melted and garlic is fragrant. Add flour, basil, salt and pepper. Stirring frequently, slowly add milk. Continue to stir until sauce thickens. remove from heat and stir in the parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
When do you add the parmesan?
Hi Jerri, Add the parmesan after you remove the sauce from heat. It will melt into the hot sauce nicely.:)