Slow Cooker Ground Beef Chili – Hearty ground beef and bean chili cooked low and slow in a slow cooker/crockpot. Serve with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream!
What ingredients do I need to make this chili?
- Ground Beef – 1 lb.
- Kidney Beans – 15 oz. can, drained
- Great Northern Beans – 15 oz. can, drained
- Diced Tomatoes – 15 oz. can
- Bacon – 3 pieces, cooked and chopped
- Onion – yellow, white or red, 1/2 onion
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Oregano – dried, 1/2 tsp
- Chili Powder – 2 tbsp
- Jalapeno – fresh, large
- Green Bell Pepper, 1/2
- Tomato Sauce – 8 oz. can
- Cumin – 1/2 tsp
- Salt & Pepper 1/4 tsp, each
- Paprika 1 tsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 2 tbsp
Here are the tools you need for this recipe:
How to make ground beef chili in a slow cooker:
Step 1: In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain grease, chop bacon and transfer to the slow cooker.
Step 2: In the same skillet you cooked the bacon, brown the ground beef. Transfer to slow cooker when done.
Step 3: Add all remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to fully combine.
Step 4: Cook chili on high for 4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours. When done serve chili with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Can I make this chili on the stove?
If you prefer making this chili on the stove, use the following instructions:
Step 2: In the same pot you cooked the bacon, brown the ground beef.
Step 3: Add all remaining ingredients and the bacon to the pot and stir to fully combine. Bring to a low simmer, cover and let cook for about 45 minutes stirring occasionally.
Step 4: When done serve with your favorite toppings! Enjoy!
Try my slow cooker ground beef chili with delicious Cornbread Muffins!
If you loved this recipe, you’ll love these too!
- Slow Cooker Chili with Chicken and Sweet Potato – A warm and cozy chili full of delicious flavors like shredded chicken, sweet potato, beans, and warm spices.
- Stovetop Chicken Chili – Warm and comforting stovetop chicken chili loaded with chicken, black and white beans, corn, tomatoes, jalapeño and onions.
- Minestrone Soup – made with veggies, beans and noodles in a delicious tomato based broth. This minestrone soup is super easy to make and really hits the spot!
- Chicken Tortilla Soup – Chicken Tortilla Soup cooked on the stove using shredded rotisserie chicken and topped with homemade tortilla strips, fresh avocado and shredded jack cheese.
Slow Cooker Ground Beef Chili
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans drained
- 1 15 oz. can great northern beans drained
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 3 pieces bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain grease, chop bacon and transfer to the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet you cooked the bacon, brown the ground beef. Transfer to slow cooker when done.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to fully combine.
- Cook chili on high for 4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours. When done serve with your favorite toppings.