My Signature Texas Toast Garlic Bread- Warm, buttery and delicious thick cut garlic bread with a secret ingredient toasted to golden perfection. Serve hot with pastas, as a side dish, and more.
Texas toast is traditionally a very thick cut bread buttered, seasoned and toasted until golden.
In this recipe, I seasoned a thick cut french loaf with butter, dried basil, garlic powder and paprika. It gives the bread a delicious combination of traditional garlic bread flavors with light spice from the paprika.
Serve homemade Texas toast with your favorite pasta dishes, or as a side dish with barbecued meats like steak, chicken and pork. You can even use this toast for sandwiches. I’ll link some more pairing ideas for you below!
Try to use a good quality loaf of bread. You can bake your own bread or buy a good quality loaf at the store for a super fast and easy recipe.
Ingredients you need to make Texas Toast Garlic Bread:
- French Loaf or Italian Loaf – About 1 pound loaf.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted.
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Basil
- Fresh Parsley (optional)
Tools to have on hand:
How to make the most delicious Texas Toast Garlic Bread:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a small bowl, add melted butter, dried basil, paprika, garlic powder and mix to combine.
Slice bread 2 inches thick and baste with seasoned butter.
Spread bread out on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes until bread it golden and lightly toasty.
Sprinkle with parsley (optional) and serve immediately.
Bread Recipes you can use to make this Texas Toast:
- Buttermilk Rolls – Warm, soft and fluffy buttermilk rolls with a golden outer crust make these the best buttermilk rolls ever.
- Rustic French Bread- DELICIOUS French Bread recipe you can easily make in the comfort of your home!
- Homemade Dinner Rolls- It doesn’t get much better than warm freshly baked dinner roll with melted butter. Serve these delicious rolls as an appetizer for dinner or as a side with pastas, soups and more. I also love using this recipe as sandwich buns.
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more recipes I think you’ll love:
- Easy Garlic Knots- Easy and delicious garlic knots with fresh garlic and parsley. These go excellent with your pasta, soup or salad. Or serve as an appetizer with marinara dipping sauce!
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks- Breadsticks made from scratch then basted in fresh garlic butter and baked to golden perfection.
Here are some main courses that go perfectly with this bread:
- Classic Sausage Lasagna- Super delicious and simple lasagna recipe made with sausage, homemade robust tomato sauce, mozzarella and ricotta cheese. This is the perfect family and kid friendly comfort meal.
- Creamy Tomato Cajun Chicken Pasta– Cajun chicken and farfalle pasta tossed in deliciously creamy tomato sauce sprinkled with fresh chopped parsley and green onions.
- Baked Ziti Recipe– My baked Ziti is loaded with ground beef, spinach, onions, tomatoes and is all baked to a golden perfection with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Chicken Parmesan– (Chicken Parmigiana) Crispy breaded baked chicken topped with melted mozzarella cheese. Serve over a bed of pasta with marinara sauce.
- Crockpot Italian Meatballs– My crockpot meatballs are not only super easy and packed with flavor, but they are so tender and delicious and melt in your mouth with every single bite.
Texas Toast Garlic Bread
- 1 lb. French Loaf or Italian Loaf
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, add melted butter, dried basil, paprika, garlic powder and mix to combine.
- Slice bread 2 inches thick and baste with seasoned butter.
- Spread bread out on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes until bread it golden and lightly toasty.
- Sprinkle with parsley (optional) and serve immediately.