Korean Ground Beef - A super simple and flavorful Korean style ground beef recipe perfect for any night of the week. From start to finish this easy dinner recipe is done in under 30 minutes!
Tools to have on hand when making this recipe:
- Skillet - To cook your Korean Ground Beef in.
- Cooking spoon - For cooking the Korean Ground Beef.
- Cutting board - To chop onions.
- Chef knife - To chop onions.
- Measuring cups and spoons - For properly measuring your ingredients.
Korean Ground Beef is one of my favorite recipes to make when I am in a time crunch because it is so easy to make and only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish. Not only is it so easy to make, it is extremely delicious!
We served ours over a bed of steamed white rice with chopped green onions on top. You can also serve with steamed veggies, a salad, and more.
This recipe serves about 4 people if serving with steamed rice, but if you are cooking for a larger crowd, double the recipe.
Ingredients you need for this recipe:
- Ground Beef - I used 85/15 fat ratio ground beef in this recipe.
- Onion - I used red onion in this recipe, but you can also use yellow or white onion.
- Garlic - Fresh garlic is highly recommended but you can also use garlic powder if you don't have fresh. Use 1 teaspoon in substitution.
- Soy Sauce - I prefer low sodium soy sauce in this recipe, but you can also use regular.
- Granulated White Sugar - For the sauce. You can also use brown sugar.
- Honey - For the sauce.
- Ginger - Fresh ginger works best. If you don't have fresh, use ½ teaspoon ground ginger in substitution.
- Rice Vinegar - For the sauce. You can also use white wine vinegar if you don't have rice vinegar.
- Sesame Oil - Goes into the sauce.
- Green Onion - Optional topping.
How to make my easy Korean Bulgogi Ground Beef:
In a small bowl, combine minced garlic, soy sauce, sugar, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, black pepper. Whisk together and set aside.
Heat a skillet over medium heat, add ground beef, onions, and a dash of salt and pepper. Cook for about ten minutes stirring occasionally until beef browns and onions are soft. Drain extra grease from pan.
Turn to low heat, add your sauce. Stir and cook for another few minutes to let the flavors of the sauce to develop into the meat. Remove from heat and serve over a bed of rice and sprinkle green onions on top.
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more recipes I think you'll love:
- Garlic Ginger Chicken - Flavor packed Chinese takeout style chicken recipe made with fresh ginger and garlic in a soy sesame caramelized sauce.
- Crispy Sweet and Spicy Asian Chicken - Just like takeout! Crispy pan fried chicken tossed in a sweet and spicy Asian style glaze.
- Chicken Fried Rice - Loaded with chicken, carrots, peas, onions, garlic, rice, and corn. This rice works great as a side dish or as a delicious main course.
- Teriyaki Chicken - Pan seared chicken served over a bed of white rice topped with homemade teriyaki sauce and a sprinkle of green onions. Yum!
- BBQ Pork Skewers with Filipino BBQ Marinade - Delicious grilled pork skewers in a homemade sticky, sweet, and spicy Filipino style BBQ marinade.
Korean Ground Beef
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tablespoon fresh ginger finely chopped or grated
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sugar, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil. Whisk together and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add ground beef and onions. Cook for about ten minutes stirring occasionally until beef lightly browns and onions are soft. Drain extra grease from pan. Add minced garlic and ginger and cook for another couple minutes until fragrant.
- Turn heat to low, add your sauce. Stir and cook for another few minutes to let the flavors of the sauce to develop into the meat. Remove from heat and serve over a bed of rice and sprinkle green onions on top.