Sheet Pan Chicken, Sausage and Veggies - Easy sheet pan dinner recipe made with chicken, kielbasa sausage, carrots, potatoes, onions and garlic.
If you are looking for a super easy and delicious dinner recipe, this is it! Loaded with meat and veggies, you get a little bit of everything in this recipe. Sheet pan dinners are becoming one of my favorite things to make because the are so easy to make and absolutely delicious!
In this recipe, we used boneless skinless chicken thighs, beef smoked kielbasa sausage, large whole carrots, russet potatoes, yellow onions and fresh garlic. You can also use pork or chicken sausage, golden or red potatoes, red onions, baby carrots, etc. See "ingredients" below for more details.
This recipe serves about four people, so if you are cooking for a crowd you can easily double this recipe. If you double the recipe, you'll need two large baking sheets. This recipe also makes super delicious leftovers!
To store leftovers: Store completely cooled in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. You can also make this meal ahead of time as a weekly lunch prep to bring to work!
Ingredients you need to make easy Chicken, Sausage and Veggies in the oven:
Sausage - One 12 oz kielbasa sausage or similar.
Chicken - Boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts.
Potatoes - Russet, golden or red potatoes.
Carrots - You can use regular carrots or baby carrots.
Onion - Yellow, white or red onion.
Garlic - Fresh garlic is best in this recipe.
Oil - Olive, canola or avocado oil.
Salt - I typically use sea salt in my recipes but you can use any salt you have on hand.
Pepper - Fresh ground black pepper.
Paprika - Regular or smoked paprika both work great.
Parsley - You can use fresh or dried.
Tools to have on hand for this recipe:
- Baking Sheet - To bake your sheet pan dinner on.
- Cutting Board - To chop meat and veggies prior to baking.
- Chef Knife - To chop meat and veggies prior to baking.
- Measuring Cups + Spoons - To properly measure your ingredients.
- Large Mixing Bowl - For mixing all of the meat and veggies prior to baking.
- Foil - For covering your sheet pan dinner to steam prior to crisping up.
How to make Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Add all of the ingredients to a very large mixing bowl and toss to combine.
Pour onto baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Cover sheet with foil and transfer to the oven. Bake for 20 minutes covered.
Carefully remove foil from sheet and place back in the oven uncovered for 15 minutes. Using a spatula, flip everything over and place back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
When done, remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
*Store leftovers completely cooled in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
Here are a few of my favorite salad and bread recipes to pair with sheet pan dinners:
Simple Caesar Salad – My quick and easy caesar salad is made with homemade dressing, crunchy romaine, croutons and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Easy Homemade Garlic Bread – Classic garlic bread recipe with one secret ingredient that places this garlic bread above the rest. Serve warm with your favorite pastas, salads and soups.
Buttery Garlic Breadsticks – These breadsticks are soft, chewy, mouthwatering good! The dough is made from scratch then lathered in fresh garlic butter and baked to golden perfection.
Spinach Apple Salad - Easiest healthy salad made with spinach, apples, cranberries, walnuts, cheddar cheese chunks and pepitas served with homemade honey mustard dressing.
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more recipes I think you'll love:
Creamy Chicken & Sausage Pasta - Penne pasta with shredded chicken and sausage tossed in a delicious creamy parmesan sauce.
Roasted Rosemary Garlic Potatoes - Fresh rosemary and garlic baked red potatoes with a light golden crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.
Creamy Mashed Potatoes - Easy, creamy, buttery mashed potatoes sprinkled with fresh parsley.
Meatball Pasta Bake - The ultimate ziti pasta bake made with homemade meatballs in a delicious tomato sauce with parmesan and mozzarella cheese
Sheet Pan Chicken, Sausage and Veggies
- 1 12 oz. Kielbasa Sausage cut into 1" chunks
- 1 lb. Chicken Thighs or Breasts cut into 1" chunks
- 3 Russet Potatoes cut into 1" chunks
- 3 Carrots cut into 1" chunks
- 1 Onion cut into 1" chunks
- 4 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- 1 tsp Parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add all of the ingredients to a very large mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Pour onto baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Cover sheet with foil and transfer to the oven. Bake for 20 minutes covered.
- Carefully remove foil from sheet and place back in the oven uncovered for 15 minutes. Using a spatula, flip everything over and place back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- When done, remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
If you tried this recipe, please don't forget to leave a review! 🙂