Roasted Rosemary Garlic Potatoes – Fresh rosemary and garlic baked red potatoes with a light golden crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.
These crisp and delicious buttery potatoes are the absolute perfect side dish. I like to serve roasted potatoes with a nice cut of steak, pork chops, grilled chicken and more. They are also great to serve a crowd because they are so easy to make and you can easily make a large batch.
This recipe serves about 4 people, but if you are cooking for a crowd, you can double or even triple this recipe. These potatoes are not only great for summer, but they are perfect for Christmas and Thanksgiving gatherings as well.
You can use any potato you prefer in this recipe but red potatoes really work the best. Russet potatoes tend to be more starchy than red potatoes. Golden potatoes would work great as well.
Fresh rosemary is also highly recommended in this recipe but if you only have dried rosemary that’s perfectly fine. The same goes for the garlic, I almost always use fresh garlic in my recipes.
Be sure to set aside about an hour of time to get these potatoes done from start to finish.
Ingredients you need for this recipe:
- Red Potatoes – Or you can use golden potatoes or russet potatoes.
- Rosemary – Fresh rosemary sprigs are strongly recommended but if you only have dried rosemary that will work too. If you use dried rosemary, you’ll need about 1 tsp.
- Garlic – Fresh garlic cloves are best in this recipe.
- Olive Oil – If you don’t have olive oil, canola oil would work.
- Butter – I used unsalted butter in this recipe. If you use salted, half the salt in the recipe.
- Garlic Salt– If you don’t have garlic salt, you can use regular salt, but half it.
- Pepper – I used fresh cracked black pepper.
Tools to have on hand:
How to make Roasted Rosemary Garlic Potatoes:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Cut red potatoes into fours and place in a large bowl. Add garlic, rosemary, olive oil, melted butter, garlic salt and pepper. Gently toss potatoes to fully coat in seasonings.
Pour potatoes onto a baking sheet and evenly spread out.
Bake potatoes in the oven for 45 minutes, turning potatoes every 15 minutes to ensure an even golden cook.
How to reheat these potatoes?
Simply heat oven to about 400 degrees. Toss cooked potatoes onto a baking sheet and reheat for about 10 minutes until potatoes are hot and crisp again.
Main courses to serve with these delicious potatoes:
- Grilled Whole Chicken on the BBQ – Cooking a whole chicken on the grill gives the chicken a rotisserie like flavor that is unbeatable.
- Grilled Spicy BBQ Chicken Thighs – Juicy grilled chicken thighs basted in a spicy homemade barbecue sauce.
- BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs – Seasoned chicken thighs wrapped in thick cut bacon, basted in a sweet sauce and then grilled to crisp perfection.
- BBQ Pork Skewers in Filipino BBQ Marinade – Delicious grilled pork skewers in a homemade sticky, sweet, and spicy Filipino style BBQ marinade.
- Steakhouse Burger – Made with a juicy quarter pound ground beef patty, sharp cheddar cheese, grilled onions and mushrooms with mayonnaise and mustard.
- Oven Ribeye Steak – Crusty, tender and delicious bone-in ribeye steaks seared on a cast iron skillet and finished in the oven.
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more delicious side dish recipes I think you’ll love:
- BBQ Bacon Baked Beans – Savory baked beans made with bacon, onion and peppers in a savory sauce with a dash of maple syrup.
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes – Easy, creamy, buttery mashed potatoes sprinkled with fresh parsley. When it comes to mashed potatoes, the more butter the better!
- Honey Roasted Whole Carrots – Whole carrots seasoned with honey, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and fresh dill roasted to perfection in the oven.
- Oven Steak Fries – With a very light crunch on the outside and soft potato center, these baked fries are mouth watering delicious.
- Scalloped Potatoes – Thinly sliced potatoes layered in a creamy sauce with cheddar cheese baked to a golden perfection.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potato – Sautéed brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes tossed with crispy bacon, sweet cranberries and toasted pine nuts.
Roasted Rosemary Garlic Potatoes
- 2 lbs. Red Potatoes
- 2-3 Rosemary fresh sprigs
- 3 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter melted
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut red potatoes into fours and place in a large bowl. Add garlic, rosemary, olive oil, melted butter, garlic salt and pepper. Gently toss potatoes to fully coat in seasonings.
- Pour potatoes onto a baking sheet and evenly spread out.
- Bake potatoes in the oven for 45 minutes, turning potatoes every 15 minutes to ensure an even golden cook.