Slow Cooker Vegetarian Lentil Chili – Healthy vegetarian chili packed with lentils, beans and veggies cooked low and slow in my crockpot! Serve with fresh avocado slices, cheese, sour cream and chips.
Ingredients you need for this recipe:
- canned kidney beans
- canned tomato sauce
- canned diced tomatoes
- apple cider vinegar
- chili powder
Here are the tools you need to make Vegetarian Lentil Chili:
How to make Lentil Chili in a slow cooker:
Add all the ingredients to your slow cooker and give it a good stir to fully mix. Cook on the slow setting for 7-8 hours or on the high setting for 4 hours. That’s it! Serve chili with your favorite toppings.
If you want to cook this lentil chili on the stovetop, use these instructions:
Add all ingredients to a large dutch oven or pot. Give it a good stir and bring to a low simmer. Continue to simmer over low heat for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally. When done, lentils will be tender. Serve with your favorite toppings!
Here are some more of my favorite soup/chili recipes you’ll love!
- Slow Cooker Chili with Chicken and Sweet Potato – A warm and cozy chili full of delicious flavors like shredded chicken, sweet potato, beans, and warm spices. I love a recipe that is super simple but delivers big on flavor and this is definitely one of them.
- Slow Cooker Ground Beef Chili – Hearty ground beef and bean chili cooked low and slow in a slow cooker/crockpot. Serve with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream!
- Chicken Tortilla Soup – cooked on the stove using shredded rotisserie chicken and topped with homemade tortilla strips, fresh avocado and shredded jack cheese.
- Minestrone Soup – made with veggies, beans and noodles in a delicious tomato based broth. This minestrone soup is super easy to make and really hits the spot! I love making this soup during the cooler months of the year, but it’s also excellent year round!
Vegetarian Lentil Chili
- 3/4 cup lentils
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup mushroom finely sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1 15 oz. canned kidney beans
- 1 8 oz. canned tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz. canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Add all the ingredients to your slow cooker and give it a good stir to fully mix. Cook on the slow setting for 7-8 hours or on the high setting for 4 hours. That’s it! Serve chili with your favorite toppings.