Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies – The perfect chocolate chip cookie with just the right amount of sweetness, chewiness and texture! Serve with cold milk for absolute perfection!
Chocolate chip cookies are the ultimate classic cookie recipe. To this day, I have yet to meet anyone who doesn’t love them. And when it comes to chocolate chip cookies I like them simple, sweet, chewy and delicious.
Serve warm cookies with an ice cold glass of milk or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This recipe makes 18 cookies – equivalent to about one and a half dozen cookies. If you are cooking for a large crowd, you can easily double or even triple this recipe!
Bring these cookies to your upcoming holiday gatherings, parties, and so much more! Store cookies in an airtight container or sealed storage bag on the counter for up to 3-5 days.
Ingredients you need to make Chocolate Chip Cookies at home from scratch:
All-Purpose Flour – Pre-sifted all-purpose flour is best for this recipe.
Granulated White Sugar – Regular white granulated sugar is what I used. You can also use an organic cane sugar.
Brown Sugar – Light or dark brown sugar both work great in this recipe.
Baking Soda – This is key to help your cookie rise while baking and will also give the cookie that golden goodness everyone loves.
Salt – I almost always use sea salt in my recipes, but you can also use table salt or kosher salt.
Vanilla Extract – Pure vanilla extract is best in this recipe, but you can also use imitation vanilla if that’s all you have.
Egg – For structure, moisture and richness in your cookie.
Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips – You can also use milk or dark chocolate chips.
Butter – I used unsalted butter, so if you are using salted butter, half the salt in this recipe.
Pecans – Chopped pecans are optional but they add a buttery delicious flavor to the cookie.
Tools to have on hand for this recipe:
- Stand Mixer – To mix the cookie dough. You can also mix by hand if you don’t have a stand mixer.
- Baking Sheet – To bake your cookies on.
- Parchment Paper – I always use parchment paper when baking cookies to prevent the cookies from sticking to the baking sheet.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons – To properly measure your ingredients.
- Cooling Rack – For cooling your cookies.
How to make the Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Add flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Beat in vanilla and egg. With your mixer on medium speed, add flour. Beat until flour is incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
Drop rounded spoonfuls of dough onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. You can also use a cookie scoop. Leave about 2 inches of space between each cookie.
Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes until golden brown. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
**Store leftover cookies completely cooled in an airtight container or sealed storage bag on the counter for up to 3-5 days.
MORE OF MY FAVORITE COOKIE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE!
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies – Soft and chewy oatmeal raisin cookies spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg make for the perfect sweet snack.
Thumbprint Cookies with Strawberry Jam – Soft and chewy Thumbprint Cookies with strawberry jam sprinkled with powdered sugar. These cookies exceeded my expectations!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies – My soft and chewy chocolate peanut butter cookies add a delicious twist to the classic peanut butter cookie.
Gingersnaps – A classic holiday cookie recipe made with warm spices and molasses. With a crispy outer layer and slightly soft inner layer, these gingersnap cookies will transport you to Christmas morning.
Chocolate Sugar Cookies – These Chocolate Sugar Cookies are soft and chewy perfection.
CAN I MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES AHEAD OF TIME?
These cookies will last in an airtight bag or container on the counter for up to 5 days. You can store the cookie dough or baked (cooled) cookies in an airtight container or freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you are ready to use the dough, remove from freezer and let soften up just enough so you can easily form balls of dough.
Best Damn Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Butter softened
- 1/2 cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Beat in vanilla and egg. With your mixer on medium speed, add flour. Beat until flour is incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of dough onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. You can also use a cookie scoop. Leave about 2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes until golden brown. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
If you tried this recipe, please don’t forget to leave a review. Thanks for stopping by!
Leave a Reply