Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies – My soft and chewy chocolate peanut butter cookies add a delicious twist to the classic peanut butter cookie.
Ingredients you need for this recipe:
- Peanut Butter – I used crunchy peanut butter in this recipe. You can definitely use a smooth peanut butter too.
- White Sugar – Regular white granulated sugar is what I used. You can also use an organic cane sugar.
- All-Purpose Flour – Pre-sifted flour is best for this recipe.
- Butter – I always use unsalted butter. Salted butter is good too, just half the salt in this recipe.
- Egg – For structure, moisture and richness in your cookie.
- Salt – I use sea salt in almost all my baking recipes. If you only have regular kosher salt or iodized, that’s fine too.
- Baking Soda – This is key to help your cookie rise while baking and will also give the cookie that golden goodness everyone loves.
- Cocoa Powder – A good quality cocoa powder is best. But, you can use whatever you have on hand!
Tools to have on hand when making these cookies:
How to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together sugar, butter and peanut butter. Mix over medium speed until smooth. Beat in egg.
Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and beat until smooth.
Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Gently press dough down with a fork. Sprinkle top with sugar.
Bake for 10 -11 minutes.
Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to let cool.
How to bake cookies ahead of time and how to properly store raw cookie dough:
For a short storage time: These cookies will last in an airtight bag or container on the counter for 5-7 days.
For a longer storage time: You can store raw cookie dough or baked (cooled) cookies in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months. When you are ready to use the dough, remove from freezer and let come to room temperature. Then, simply follow baking instructions according to recipe.
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more cookie recipes I think you’ll love:
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies – Golden chewy chocolate chip cookies made with salted pretzels.
- White Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies – Scrumptious chewy chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips have made it to the top of my cookie craving list.
- Thumbprint Cookies with Strawberry Jam – Thumbprint cookies are a holiday classic and a perfect way to impress family and friends during the holidays or any time of year!
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies – These Chocolate Sugar Cookies are soft and chewy perfection.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- extra white sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together sugar, butter and peanut butter. Mix over medium speed until smooth. Beat in egg.
- Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Gently press dough down with a fork. Sprinkle top with sugar.
- Bake for 10 -11 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to let cool.