Chicken Noodle Soup - Healthy one pot chicken noodle soup loaded with chicken, broth, carrots, celery, onions and herbs. I absolutely love making this soup when I am feeling under the weather!
What ingredients go into making chicken noodle soup?
- Chicken thighs or breasts
- Onion, yellow or white
- Garlic cloves
- Chicken broth
- Egg noodles
- Black pepper
- Parsley, dried or fresh
- Thyme, dried or fresh
Here are the tools needed to make this recipe:
- Dutch Oven or Stockpot
- Wooden Spoon or Cooking Spoon
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Spoons and Cups
- Cutting Board
- Liquid Measuring Cup
How to make One Pot Chicken Noodle Soup:
One of my favorite things about this soup is that it is super easy to make!
Step 1: Add all the ingredients to your dutch oven or stock pot EXCEPT for the egg noodles and bring to a low simmer. Cover and cook for about one and a half hours, stirring occasionally. When done, chicken and veggies will be tender. Easily shred the chicken with two forks. Add the egg noodles and bring to a boil for about 10 minutes until tender. Taste soup and salt to taste. Be careful, soup is hot! Remove from heat and serve.
Here are some more of my favorite Soup/Chili recipes for you to try!
- Slow Cooker Chili with Chicken and Sweet Potato - A warm and cozy chili full of delicious flavors like shredded chicken, sweet potato, beans, and warm spices. I love a recipe that is super simple but delivers big on flavor and this is definitely one of them.
- Minestrone Soup - made with veggies, beans and noodles in a delicious tomato based broth. This minestrone soup is super easy to make and really hits the spot! I love making this soup during the cooler months of the year, but it’s also excellent year round!
- Chicken Tortilla Soup - Chicken Tortilla Soup cooked on the stove using shredded rotisserie chicken and topped with homemade tortilla strips, fresh avocado and shredded jack cheese. This soup is full of delicious flavors and reminds me of the tortilla soup I used to order at Islands Restaurants which is amazing! You can serve it as a main dish, an appetizer, or as a side dish! You can’t go wrong!
- This recipe serves about 4 people. If you are cooking for a crowd, simply double the recipe.
- To store the soup after eating: Let soup cool completely. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 48 hours.
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 lb chicken thighs or breasts
- ¾ cup carrots sliced
- ¾ cup celery sliced
- ½ cup onion (yellow or white) chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup egg noodles
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley dried or ½ tablespoon fresh
- 1 teaspoon thyme dried or ½ tablespoon fresh
- salt to taste
- Add all the ingredients to your dutch oven or stock pot EXCEPT for the egg noodles and bring to a low simmer. Cover and cook for about one and a half hours, stirring occasionally. When done, chicken and veggies will be tender. Easily shred the chicken with two forks. Add the egg noodles and bring to a boil for about 10 minutes until tender. Taste soup and salt to taste. Be careful soup is hot! Remove soup from heat and serve.