Garlic Herb Croutons Recipe – Super easy flavor packed homemade garlicky herb croutons made at home from scratch. Sprinkle homemade croutons on top of your favorite salad.
Skip the grocery store and make croutons at home! Not only are homemade croutons so easy to make yourself, they are about a hundred times better than store bought!
After you make your own croutons at home, you’ll never want to buy them at the store again. They only take about 20 minutes to make from start to finish.
Homemade croutons can be stored in an airtight storage container or storage bag on the counter for up to 3-4 days. This makes it so easy to make your own croutons ahead of time and add to your favorite salads as needed.
My favorite way to eat these croutons is on top of my Crispy Caesar Chicken Salad.
Tools to have on hand for this recipe:
- Baking Sheet – Large baking sheet for baking croutons.
- Knife – To cut your bread loaf into 1 inch cubes.
- Cutting Board – A surface to cut your bread loaf into 1 inch cubes.
- Measuring Spoons – To measure oil and and spices.
- Mixing Bowl – For tossing your bread cubes with seasonings, butter and oil.
- Parchment Paper – To prevent croutons from sticking to the baking sheet and easy clean up!
Ingredients you need to make my easy garlic herb croutons recipe:
- Bread – Thick cut white bread, Italian loaf, French loaf, or baguette.
- Butter – Unsalted or salted butter both work fine.
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
How to make my garlic herb croutons at home from scratch:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place cubed bread in a large bowl. Sprinkle bread with dried herbs and garlic powder. Drizzle melted butter and olive oil on bread and gently toss to combine.
Evenly spread croutons on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Bake croutons for about 15-20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
Remove croutons from oven and let cool completely. Sprinkle on top of your favorite salad! Enjoy!
Here’s how I store my homemade croutons:
Store completely cooled homemade croutons in a sealed storage bag or container on the counter for up to 3-4 days.
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more recipes I think you’ll love:
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks – Buttery Garlic Breadsticks – These breadsticks are soft, chewy, mouthwatering good! The dough is made from scratch then lathered in fresh garlic butter and baked to golden perfection.
- Texas Toast – Warm, buttery and delicious thick cut garlic bread with a secret ingredient toasted to golden perfection. Serve hot with pastas, as a side dish, and more.
Garlic Herb Croutons Recipe
- 6 cups Bread cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp Butter melted
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cubed bread in a large bowl. Sprinkle bread with dried herbs and garlic powder. Drizzle melted butter and olive oil on bread and gently toss to combine.
- Evenly spread croutons on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake croutons for about 15-20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Remove croutons from oven and let cool completely. Sprinkle on top of your favorite salad! Enjoy!