Honey Mustard Dressing – My creamy and delicious classic honey mustard dressing recipe is the perfect dressing for salads, sandwiches, as a dipping sauce, or as a marinade.
This is one of my go-to salad dressing recipes because not only is it extremely delicious but it whips up in just a few minutes! My Honey Mustard Salad Dressing calls for mayonnaise but I sometimes swap out the mayo for greek yogurt for a healthier and lighter dressing!
You can use this dressing as a marinade for meats like chicken or pork, or as a dipping sauce for fries, on sandwiches and so much more! I am so excited to share my super simple yet delicious dressing recipe with you!
Ingredients that go into making this recipe:
- Honey – I used local raw honey in this recipe, but you can use your favorite honey!
- Mustard – Dijon or yellow mustard both work great in this recipe.
- Mayonnaise – You can also use greek yogurt for a lighter dressing.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – If you don’t have apple cider vinegar, you can also use white wine vinegar.
- Black Pepper – Freshly cracked or ground black pepper both work great.
- Paprika – I used regular paprika but smoked paprika would also be yummy.
- Garlic Powder – Make sure you use garlic powder and not garlic salt!
Tools to have on hand:
- Bowl – To whisk your dressing together in.
- Whisk or Fork – For whisking the dressing together
- Measuring Spoons + Cups – Properly measure all of your ingredients.
How to make Honey Mustard Dressing at home from scratch:
Super easy! Just whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, paprika and garlic powder. Add about one twist of fresh cracked black pepper or a light pinch of black pepper. Mix to combine. Serve dressing on salads, sandwiches, as a dipping sauce or marinade.
How long does homemade dressing last in the fridge?
This dressing will last in the fridge in an airtight container for about 3-5 days.
Try this Honey Mustard Dressing with my Spinach Apple Salad!
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more dressing recipes I think you’ll enjoy!
- Caesar Dressing – Super easy and delicious homemade caesar salad dressing pairs perfectly with chicken caesar salads, lettuce wraps, sandwiches and more.
- Ranch Dressing – Cool and creamy ranch dressing recipe perfect on salads, sandwiches or as a dipping sauce for pizza and fries!
- Simple Thousand Island Dressing – Thousand island dressing is a classic go-to dressing for burgers, fries and salads. It’s creamy and delicious and can become addicting when you are dipping your french fries in it!
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise or greek yogurt
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1 twist of fresh cracked pepper
- Whisk together mayonnaise (or greek yogurt if you want a healthier lighter salad), mustard, apple cider vinegar, honey, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder. The recipe makes about a half cup. This dressing will last about 3-5 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
What type of mustard did you use?
Amanda Cooks & Styles
Hi Chris! Dijon or yellow mustard both work great in this recipe. :)Amanda
I tried this yesterday for the first time and it is amazing! I used mayonnaise, smoked paprika, and did about half yellow mustard and half spicy brown mustard. My husband said it is the best he’s ever tasted!
I really like making homemade versions of things I like to eat, so I know what all the ingredients are that I am eating. This is a very simple, easy recipe that helps me achieve this goal.
Amanda Cooks & Styles
Hi Beth! Thank you so much for the review! I agree with you – I love making my own so I know exactly what I’m eating 🙂 So happy you and your hubby enjoyed this recipe! :)Amanda