Mini Pancakes – Delicious light and fluffy mini pancakes are such a fun and easy kid friendly breakfast recipe! Made from scratch, these pancakes whip up in just minutes.
Top your mini pancakes with sprinkled powdered sugar, softened butter and syrup. We served ours with a side of fresh berries, scrambled eggs and sausage links. You can also serve them on their own! Either way you can’t go wrong.
I love making these mini pancakes because they are so fun to eat! And they aren’t as filling as a larger normal sized pancake, plus you can just grab a couple when your on the go! Kids absolutely adore these!
This recipe makes about 24 mini pancakes which serves anywhere from 4-6 people. If you are cooking for a large crowd, you can easily double the recipe. If you have leftover pancakes you can easily store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
To reheat, simply heat on your stovetop or pop them in the microwave for about 20 seconds. For more details on storing and reheating pancakes, please see below.
TOOLS TO HAVE ON HAND FOR THIS RECIPE:
- Mixing Bowl – To whip up the pancake batter.
- Mixing Fork/Whisk – For mixing your pancake batter.
- Measuring Cups + Spoons – Measuring all of your ingredients.
- Nonstick Skillet – To cook your pancakes. A nonstick skillet is key in this recipe!
- Spatula – For flipping your pancakes.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE MINI PANCAKES:
- All-Purpose Flour – Very versatile flour perfect for making pancakes.
- Milk – I used whole milk in this recipe, but you can also use 2% or almond milk.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted butter both work great in this recipe!
- Baking Powder – For a lighter and fluffier pancake.
- White Granulated Sugar – To sweeten up the pancake.
- Egg – This helps create a nice texture.
- Vanilla Extract – For added flavor. You can also skip the vanilla.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE MINI PANCAKES:
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and sugar. Stir in milk, melted butter, egg and vanilla extract. Mix to ensure ingredients are well combined.
Heat your nonstick skillet to medium heat. Scoop about 1 & 1/2 tablespoons of pancake batter into the pan. Repeat with as many as you can fit in your pan. Let cook until top begins to lightly bubble and edges are golden.
Flip pancakes over and let cook another minute or until bottom is golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
To keep your pancakes warm while cooking, place on a plate and cover with a clean towel.
Serve warm pancakes with butter, syrup and your favorite fresh fruit. Enjoy!
Recipe notes: For an even golden top, I don’t oil or butter the skillet prior to cooking the pancakes. If you don’t have a very good nonstick skillet you may want to lightly oil to prevent the pancakes from sticking.
HOW TO STORE HOMEMADE PANCAKES:
Store completely cooled pancakes in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. Separate pancakes with a piece of parchment paper to prevent sticking. Pancakes will last in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. They will last stored in the freezer for up to 60 days.
TO REHEAT YOUR FRIDGE/FREEZER PANCAKES:
To reheat pancakes stored in the fridge: Heat a skillet to medium heat and heat for about 30 seconds on each side. Or heat pancakes in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
To reheat pancakes stored in the freezer: Heat oven to 325 degrees and place frozen pancakes on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes.
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more of my favorite breakfast recipes I think you’ll love:
- Blueberry Cheese Danish Pastries – Scrumptious blueberry and cheese danishes made with a flaky and buttery puff pastry. These are the perfect sweet breakfast pastry or dessert!
- Easy Breakfast Potatoes – Super simple homemade breakfast potato recipe made with fresh potatoes, herbs and seasonings. Serve with fresh cooked eggs, toast, in a breakfast burrito and more.
- Homemade Belgian Waffles – With a light crunch on the outside and a soft and fluffy center, this waffle recipe is mouth-watering delicious!
- Restaurant Style Hash Browns – Crisp and delicious restaurant style homemade hash browns are so easy to make and are the perfect breakfast side dish! Pair with fried eggs, fresh fruit, bacon and more.
- 1 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Butter melted
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and sugar. Stir in milk, melted butter, egg and vanilla extract. Mix to ensure ingredients are well combined.
- Heat your nonstick skillet to medium heat. Scoop about 1 & 1/2 tablespoons of pancake batter into the pan. Repeat with as many as you can fit in your pan. Let cook until top begins to lightly bubble and edges are golden.
- Flip pancakes over and let cook another minute or until bottom is golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- To keep your pancakes warm while cooking, place on a plate and cover with a clean towel.
- Serve warm pancakes with butter, syrup and your favorite fresh fruit. Enjoy!