Easy Breakfast Potatoes– Super simple homemade breakfast potato recipe made with fresh potatoes, herbs and seasonings. Serve with fresh cooked eggs, toast, in a breakfast burrito and more.
My easy breakfast potatoes are so easy to make and for that reason I make them at least once a week! From start to finish these potatoes fry up in less than twenty minutes. So, if you are in a time crunch, this breakfast recipe is for you!
Tools to have on hand:
- Skillet – To cook your potatoes in.
- Spatula – To stir your potatoes to ensure they cook evenly.
- Cutting Board – To chop up your potatoes.
- Measuring Cups + Spoons – For properly measure your ingredients.
- Chef Knife – For chopping your potatoes.
Serve your potatoes with fresh fried or scrambled eggs, toast, your favorite breakfast meats and more. You can also wrap up these potatoes in a tortilla for a super delicious breakfast burrito. That’s definitely one of my go-to’s! I will link some more of my favorite breakfast recipes for you to try below.
These potatoes are great to serve large crowds because they are so easy to make. So, if you are having family over for breakfast for the holidays, whip up a batch of these potatoes and your guests will be sure to be impressed!
This recipe serves about 4-6 people. If you are cooking for a crowd, simply double the recipe. To store leftover potatoes, place completely cooled potatoes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
Ingredients you need to make easy fried breakfast potatoes:
- Potatoes – Russet, red or golden potatoes all work great in this recipe.
- Salt – I almost always use sea salt in my recipes but you can use any salt you have on hand.
- Pepper – Fresh cracked black pepper or ground black pepper.
- Garlic Powder – Adds a delicious flavor to your potatoes.
- Onion Powder – Adds a delicious flavor to your potatoes.
- Butter – Unsalted or salted butter both work great.
- Oil – You can use olive, canola, vegetable or avocado oil.
- Parsley – fresh or dried.
How to make my easy Fried Breakfast Potatoes:
Cut all potatoes into small 1/2″ cubes.
Heat skillet to medium-high heat and add butter and oil.
Add chopped potatoes to the hot skillet and toss around to fully coat in butter/oil combination. Sprinkle potatoes with seasonings except for the parsley. Cover to let potatoes lightly steam for about 3-4 minutes.
Remove lid and stir potatoes. Continue to cook potatoes with lid off, turning potatoes around with spatula to ensure an even cook on all sides.
When potatoes are done they will have a light crisp on the outside, soft on the inside.
Sprinkle potatoes with fresh parsley and serve.
Here are some delicious ideas to serve with your breakfast potatoes:
- Homemade Breakfast Burritos or Tacos – Bacon/sausage, potatoes, eggs and cheese wrapped in a flour tortillas.
- Eggs & Toast – Fried, scrambled or poached with buttered toast.
- Breakfast Bowl – Potatoes, eggs, fresh tomatoes, avocado, cheese with salsa.
Here are a few more breakfast recipes I think you’ll enjoy:
- Homemade Belgian Waffles – With a light crunch on the outside and a soft and fluffy center, this waffle recipe is mouth-watering delicious! Waffles are definitely my weak spot when it comes to sweet breakfast food.
- Blueberry Cheese Danishes – Scrumptious blueberry and cheese danishes made with a flaky and buttery puff pastry. These are the perfect sweet breakfast pastry or dessert!
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread – Moist and delicious banana bread made with lots of chocolate chips! Serve lightly toasted slices of bread with a smear of butter and a hot cup of coffee for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
Easy Breakfast Potatoes
- 4 Potatoes cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Parsley fresh, or 1/2 tsp dried
- Cut all potatoes into small 1/2″ cubes.
- Heat skillet to medium high heat and add butter and oil.
- Add chopped potatoes to the hot skillet and toss around to fully coat in butter/oil combination. Sprinkle potatoes with seasonings except for the parsley. Cover to let potatoes lightly steam for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir potatoes. Continue to cook potatoes with lid off, turning potatoes around with spatula to ensure an even cook on all sides.
- When potatoes are done they will have a light crisp on the outside, soft on the inside.
- Sprinkle potatoes with fresh parsley and serve.