Pumpkin Roll – A swirl of pumpkin bread and cheesecake rolled into the perfect Fall dessert. This is such an amazing Thanksgiving or Christmas dessert that I make every single year. Serve with a tall glass of milk.
What ingredients do I meed to make a pumpkin roll?
- All-purpose flour
- Baking Soda
- Pumpkin Puree
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Ground Cloves
Make pumpkin bread mixture. Bake pumpkin bread layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Immediately roll up bread layer into the parchment paper and let cool completely. Meanwhile, make cream cheese filling.
Unroll pumpkin bread and evenly spread cream cheese mixture on the bread. Roll the bread back up carefully removing the parchment paper.
Wrap the pumpkin roll in plastic wrap and place in the fridge to let chill. When ready to serve, remove from fridge, slice and eat!
More of my favorite pumpkin recipes:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (leaving extra paper on sides of the pan).
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, ground cloves and set aside. In another bowl, mix eggs, sugar, vanilla and pumpkin puree until smooth. Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet mixture and mix until the flour is fully incorporated. Pour pumpkin batter evenly on your lined baking sheet and bake for 14 minutes. You will know it’s ready when you gently touch the top of the cake and it bounces back. It will have a spongey look and feel.
- Once done, immediately remove cake from the pan leaving on the parchment paper. Let cool down for a few minutes, then roll it all the way up in the parchment paper from the short end. Let cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, gently unroll the cake. Smooth filling in an even layer over the cake. Gently roll cake all the way back up, without the parchment paper. Tightly wrap roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.