Baked Potato Wedges - Seasoned potato wedges baked to golden perfection are the perfect appetizer or side dish. Serve with your favorite dipping sauces!
Baked Potato Wedges are the perfect healthy alternative to the traditional fried potato wedge. They are tossed in oil and seasoned with paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and onion powder.
Serve these wedges as an appetizer or a delicious side dish with your favorite dipping sauces like ketchup, ranch dressing, fry sauce, and more. One of my favorite sauces to serve with fries is a 50/50 mix of ketchup and mayonnaise! I've been making this sauce since I was a kid. It is so delicious!
I served my wedges with my favorite Steakhouse Burger which I will link for you below. You can serve yours with your favorite burgers, sandwiches and more! I will link some of my favorite main courses to serve with these wedges for you below.
Tools to have on hand for this recipe:
- Baking Sheet - To bake your potato wedges on.
- Parchment Paper - To prevent your potato wedges from sticking to the baking sheet while baking.
- Mixing Bowl - To coat the potato wedges in seasonings and to soak potato wedges prior to baking.
- Measuring Spoons - To measure your seasonings.
- Cutting Board - For cutting russet potatoes into wedges.
- Chef Knife - For cutting russet potatoes into wedges.
Ingredients you need make crispy baked potato wedges at home from scratch:
Russet Potatoes - You'll need about four russet potatoes for this recipe.
Chili Powder - This will add a nice flavor and spice to the seasoning.
Paprika - Smoked or regular paprika both work great in this recipe.
Garlic Powder - Be sure to use garlic powder and not garlic salt to prevent salty wedges.
Salt - Any table salt will work fine. I almost always use sea salt in my recipes.
Onion Powder - Be sure to use regular onion powder and not onion salt.
Oil - Avocado oil is best but you can also use canola oil.
How to make my delicious Baked Potato Wedges:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Slice your russet potatoes in half lengthwise. Working with each half slice the potato in threes at an angle to create a wedge. If your russet potatoes are really large, slice in fours at an angle.
Place potato wedges in a large bowl of water for about 20 minutes to remove starch. Then, drain potatoes.
Toss potatoes in oil and seasonings and fully coat. Scatter potatoes on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes and then carefully flip over. Bake for another 15-20 minutes until wedges puff up and are nice and golden.
Remove wedges from oven and serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
Here are some delicious main courses to serve with your baked potato wedges:
Steakhouse Burger - Made with a juicy quarter pound ground beef patty, sharp cheddar cheese, grilled onions and mushrooms with mayonnaise and mustard.
Avocado Turkey Burger - Anything but dry turkey burger layered with melted pepper jack cheese, lettuce, avocado, red onion, tomato and burger sauce between two toasty buns.
My Favorite BBQ Burger with Potato Chips - This mouthwatering burger starts with a buttery toasted bun topped with barbecue sauce, a grilled burger patty topped with melty cheddar cheese, and finally finished with crispy potato chips!
Best Patty Melt Ever - Made with rye bread, a mustard grilled hamburger patty, caramelized onions, burger sauce, muenster and cheddar cheese.
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more side dish recipes I think you'll love:
Oven Steak Fries - With a very light crunch on the outside and soft potato center, these baked fries are mouth watering delicious.
Fried Zucchini - “Zucchini Fries” are the perfect appetizer or side dish dipped in your favorite marinara sauce or ranch dressing.
Roasted Rosemary Garlic Potatoes - Fresh rosemary and garlic baked red potatoes with a light golden crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.
Classic Macaroni Salad - Super creamy and delicious Classic American Macaroni Salad is the perfect side dish for cookouts and picnics!
Classic American Potato Salad - Made with hard boiled eggs, this classic potato salad is creamy and delicious!
Baked Potato Wedges
- 4 russet potatoes
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice your russet potatoes in half lengthwise. Working with each half slice the potato in threes at an angle to create a wedge. If your russet potatoes are really large, slice in fours at an angle.
- Place potato wedges in a large bowl of water for about 20 minutes to remove starch. Then, drain potatoes.
- Toss potatoes in oil and seasonings and fully coat. Scatter potatoes on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes and then carefully flip over. Bake for another 15-20 minutes until wedges puff up and are nice and golden.
- Remove wedges from oven and serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
This post was originally posted on January 2, 2019 and updated on July 21, 2020.