Coca Cola BBQ Sauce – With Summer right around the corner, Coca Cola Barbecue Sauce is the perfect addition to your upcoming cookouts! This BBQ sauce is perfect on grilled meats like pork, chicken, beef and more. Simply baste the grilled meat during the last few minutes of cooking.
You can also use this barbecue sauce for crockpot pulled chicken or pork, bbq chicken pizza’s, flatbreads and on sandwiches like my favorite bbq burger. I’ll link some of my favorite recipes to use with this bbq sauce for you below.
You’ll need about 20 minutes to make the sauce from start to finish and will make about 1 cup of sauce. Once the barbecue sauce is finished cooking and completely cooled, you can store in an airtight jar or container in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
If you are cooking for a large crowd or planning on cooking a large amount of meat, you can easily double this recipe! It also makes great leftovers if you end up having too much.
Ingredients you need to make homemade Cola Barbecue Sauce:
Brown Sugar – For the barbecue sauce and dry rub seasoning. You can use light or dark brown sugar.
Paprika + Garlic Powder Seasonings for the barbecue sauce that will add a little spice and flavor!
Ketchup – You can use your favorite brand of ketchup in this recipe. I wouldn’t recommend substituting ketchup for anything else because it adds a nice sweetness to the sauce.
Coca-Cola – I used regular Coca Cola but you can also use Pepsi. I do not recommend using diet.
Mustard – Yellow mustard is best in this recipe, but you can also use dijon or grainy mustard.
Molasses – Adds a super delicious flavor to the sauce. You can use your favorite brand.
Worcestershire Sauce – Adds a delicious flavor to the barbecue sauce. You can also use soy sauce as a substitution.
Tools to have on hand:
- Saucepan – For cooking the barbecue sauce.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons – For properly measuring all of your ingredients.
- Cooking Spoon – To stir sauce while cooking.
How to make Coca Cola BBQ Sauce:
In a small saucepan add all the ingredients and whisk together to combine. Cook over medium-low heat until sauce lightly thickens, whisking occasionally. After sauce thickens and darkens, remove from heat to let cool.
Use this barbecue sauce on your favorite grilled meats or as a delicious dipping sauce! Store leftovers completely cooled in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
What to make with Cola BBQ Sauce:
- Cola BBQ Baby Back Ribs – all off the bone tender oven baked baby back ribs! Seasoned with a sweet and spicy dry rub and finished on the grill with a delicious coca cola barbecue sauce. These ribs scream summer!
- My Favorite BBQ Burger with Potato Chips – This mouthwatering burger starts with a buttery toasted bun topped with barbecue sauce, a grilled burger patty topped with melty cheddar cheese, and finally finished with crispy potato chips! So simple, yet so delicious.
- BBQ Chicken Pizza – This pizza is made with delicious shredded BBQ chicken, barbecue sauce, melt in your mouth caramelized onions, and topped off with mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
- Grilled Chicken, Ribs, Steaks, Pork Chops, + So much more!
More BBQ Sauce recipes you’ll love:
Chipotle Barbecue Sauce – My GO-TO barbecue sauce! Slightly spicy and sweet barbecue sauce made with delicious bold flavors. Perfect for grilled meats, homemade pizzas, sandwiches and more.
Texas Style Barbecue Sauce – Made with bold Texas flavors, this sauce is a star and takes less than 15 minutes to make! The cayenne pepper gives this bbq sauce a little kick without overpowering it with heat.
Teriyaki Sauce – This isn’t technically a barbecue sauce but you can use it to baste your favorite meats and vegetables while grilling! Whenever I am planning to make an Asian inspired dish, I usually go straight for this delicious Teriyaki Sauce recipe! Not only is it super easy to make but it is absolutely amazing. Everyone loves it!
Coca Cola BBQ Sauce
- 3/4 cup Coca Cola
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Yellow Mustard
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Molasses
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- In a small saucepan add all the ingredients and whisk together to combine. Cook over medium-low heat until sauce lightly thickens, whisking occasionally. After sauce thickens and darkens, remove from heat to let cool.
- Use this barbecue sauce on your favorite grilled meats or as a delicious dipping sauce! Store leftovers completely cooled in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.