Best Ever Barbecue Sauce – Slightly spicy and sweet barbecue sauce made with delicious bold flavors. Perfect for grilled meats, homemade pizzas, sandwiches and more.
My BBQ sauce is perfect on grilled meats like pork, chicken, beef and more. Simply baste the grilled meat during the last few minutes of cooking.
You can also use this barbecue sauce for crockpot pulled chicken or pork, bbq chicken pizza’s, flatbreads and on sandwiches like my favorite bbq burger. I’ll link some of my favorite recipes to use with this bbq sauce for you below.
For this recipe, you’ll need to pick up a small can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce at the store. These peppers provide a bold and spicy flavor to this barbecue sauce that is out of this world delicious! If you really like spice you can add an extra tablespoon of chipotle sauce or even chop up some of the peppers and add it to the sauce.
You’ll need about 20 minutes to make the sauce from start to finish. Once the barbecue sauce is finished cooking and completely cooled, you can store in an airtight jar or container in the fridge for up to one week.
Ingredients you need for this recipe:
- Canola Oil – You can also use vegetable or olive oil.
- Onion – I used white onion in this recipe, but you can use yellow or red also.
- Garlic Cloves – Freshly minced garlic cloves are best.
- Chili Powder
- Mustard -Yellow mustard is best.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Chipotle Adobo Sauce – Canned chipotle in adobo sauce. I don’t use the actual peppers, just the sauce. If you want to use the peppers you can for added heat.
- Brown Sugar – You can use dark or light brown sugar.
Tools to have on hand:
How to make homemade chipotle barbecue sauce:
First, start by finely chopping the onion and mincing the garlic cloves.
Heat oil over medium heat, add onions and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Bring sauce to a low simmer and cook for about 10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
Remove sauce from heat and serve. This will last in the fridge for about a week.
What to make with this bbq sauce recipe:
My Favorite BBQ Burger with Potato Chips – This mouthwatering burger starts with a buttery toasted bun topped with barbecue sauce, a grilled burger patty topped with melty cheddar cheese, and finally finished with crispy potato chips! So simple, yet so delicious.
BBQ Chicken Pizza – This pizza is made with delicious shredded BBQ chicken, tangy homemade barbecue sauce, melt in your mouth caramelized onions, and finally topped off with mozzarella cheese.
Pulled Pork Sliders – Tender and delicious bbq pulled pork cooked low and slow in the crockpot. Layer the pulled pork on top of your toasted Hawaiian Rolls followed by creamy coleslaw and sweet pickle.
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken – My super easy slow cooker (crockpot) bbq pulled chicken recipe is made with a delicious homemade sweet and slightly spicy barbecue sauce. Serve bbq chicken on buns for a delicious sandwich, on salads, flatbreads and more!
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more recipes I think you’ll love:
Texas Style BBQ Sauce – Bold Texas flavors are packed into this delicious barbecue sauce. It goes great chicken, ribs, cheeseburgers, pork, meatballs and more!
Teriyaki Sauce – With less than 10 ingredients and done in under 15 minutes, this super easy teriyaki sauce recipe is my go to. Pour sauce over chicken, pork or beef or use as a dipping sauce for wontons, egg rolls and more.
White Pizza Sauce – Creamy and delicious pizza sauce made with parmesan cheese, garlic, and herbs. This recipe is so easy to make and can really transform your pizza into something so delicious!
Best Barbecue Sauce
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or canola
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp worcestershire
- 1 1/2 tbsp chipotle in adobo
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Heat oil over medium heat, add onions and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant. Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and serve. This will last in the fridge for about a week.
Leave a Reply