Creamy Asian Cucumber Salad – Thinly sliced cucumber and red onion tossed in a delicious creamy peanut dressing. This is one of my all time favorite salads!
This is by far my favorite salad to serve when I am preparing an Asian style dinner! We love serving this salad with Chinese chicken, fried rice, teriyaki chicken, and so much more. I will link some of my favorite recipes to serve with this Cucumber Salad for you below.
This recipe takes less than five minutes to prepare making this such an easy side salad to whip up for the family. I recommend chilling the salad in the fridge prior to serving for about 20 minutes which gives you plenty of time to make your main course while you wait.
My Asian Creamy Cucumber Salad serves about four people. If you are cooking for a larger crowd, you can easily double the recipe. When I prepare this salad for my hubby and I, I halve the recipe.
If you have leftovers, you can easily store them in an airtight container in the fridge up to a day. I love eating this yummy salad as leftovers for my lunch the next day. You guys are going to love this!
Tools to have on hand for this recipe:
- Mixing Bowls – To mix the salad dressing and the salad.
- Measuring Spoons + Cups – To properly measure all of your ingredients.
- Cutting Board + Chef Knife – To chop and prepare the veggies.
Ingredients you need to make my favorite Creamy Cucumber Salad:
- Cucumber- Regular large cucumbers are best in this recipe, but you can also use Persian cucumbers. If you use Persian cucumbers, you’ll need about eight since they are very small.
- Red Onion – If you don’t have red onion, you can also use sweet, yellow or white onion.
- Honey – Unflavored honey is best.
- Soy Sauce – I used low sodium but you can also use regular soy sauce.
- Sesame Oil – Pure quality sesame oil.
- Mayonnaise – I prefer best foods mayonnaise but you can use whatever mayo you have on hand. If you want a lighter salad, use plain Greek Yogurt.
- Rice Vinegar – Rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar both work great in this recipe.
- Mustard – Plain yellow mustard is best.
- Peanut Butter – You can use chunky or smooth peanut butter.
- Black Pepper – I used fresh cracked black pepper, but you can also use ground.
**Full measurements and instructions are listed below.
How to make a Creamy Asian Cucumber Salad:
In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, mayonnaise, peanut butter rice vinegar and mustard.
In another bowl, add thinly sliced cucumber and red onion. Pour dressing over the cucumber and toss to combine. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Sprinkle salad with black pepper and serve!
*Store leftover cucumber salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a day.
Main courses to serve with your Cucumber Salad:
- Garlic Ginger Chicken – Flavor packed Chinese takeout style chicken recipe made with fresh ginger and garlic in a soy sesame caramelized sauce.
- Chicken Fried Rice – Loaded with chicken, carrots, peas, onions, garlic, rice, and corn. This rice works great as a side dish or as a delicious main course.
- Orange Teriyaki Salmon – Delicious easy baked salmon in a mouthwatering orange teriyaki glaze finished with fresh chopped green onion and sesame seeds.
- Teriyaki Chicken Skewers – The most delicious marinated teriyaki chicken grilled to perfection and finished with a delicious teriyaki sauce.
- Sweet & Sour Chicken – Takeout style Chinese chicken recipe made with crispy chicken and caramelized onions in a delicious sweet and sour sauce.
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more of my favorite salad recipes for you to try!
- Creamy Classic Coleslaw – My classic coleslaw recipe is made with a delicious slightly sweet and creamy homemade coleslaw dressing. Serve as a barbecue side dish, on pulled pork sandwiches, tacos and more!
- Creamy Macaroni Salad – Super creamy and delicious Classic American Macaroni Salad is the perfect side dish for cookouts and picnics! Made with fresh peppers, onions, celery and pickle in a sweet creamy sauce.
- BLT Pasta Salad – The perfect summer pasta salad loaded with bacon, corn, tomato, hard boiled egg, tomatoes, and kale in a delicious ranch dressing.
- Crispy Chicken Caesar Salad – Fresh chopped romaine lettuce topped with crispy pan seared chicken, croutons, shaved parmesan and caesar dressing.
Creamy Asian Cucumber Salad
- 2 Large Cucumbers very thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Red Onion very thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Mustard yellow
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, mayonnaise, peanut butter rice vinegar and mustard.
- In another bowl, add thinly sliced cucumber and red onion. Pour dressing over the cucumber and toss to combine. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle salad with black pepper and serve!
If you tried this recipe, please don’t forget to leave a review. Thanks for stopping by!