Homemade Strawberry Sauce – This strawberry sauce is so easy to make and is done in only 10 minutes. Serve this strawberry sauce with waffles or pancakes. Another delicious way to use this sauce is over ice cream or with lemonade for a fresh strawberry lemonade.
This recipe is absolutely perfect when you have a lot of strawberries that need to be used up because you can make this sauce ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to two weeks!
Homemade Strawberry Sauce
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- Slice strawberries thin and remove stems.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-low heat and add all of the ingredients. Give it a stir and bring to a low simmer.
- Let strawberry sauce cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove sauce from heat and serve immediately or let cool completely and store in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.