Pumpkin Cinnamon Bread – Moist and delicious homemade pumpkin bread recipe with cinnamon sugar filling. Serve warm sliced bread slathered in butter.
This easy homemade bread is the perfect fall recipe to add to your collection. Warm flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg will transport you to fall. Not only is this bread extremely delicious, but it is so easy to make!
Bake a few loaves of this yummy pumpkin bread to bring to your upcoming holiday gatherings with family and coworkers. Your guests will love it! I will link a few more of my favorite holiday breads for you to try below.
My Pumpkin Cinnamon Bread recipe makes one large loaf which will give you 6-8 slices. If you are cooking for a large crowd, you can easily double or even triple this recipe. I’m so excited to share this recipe with you all. Let’s get baking!
Ingredients you need to make Homemade Pumpkin Cinnamon Bread:
- Pumpkin Puree – 100% pure pumpkin puree. I used Libby’s but you can use any brand you prefer.
- All-Purpose Flour – Extremely versatile flour perfect for homemade bread.
- Brown Sugar – Dark or light brown sugar both work great in this recipe.
- White Sugar – Granulated white sugar or you can use organic cane sugar.
- Baking Powder – To help the bread rise while baking.
- Vanilla Extract – You can use any vanilla extract you have on hand.
- Egg – Adds richness and moisture to the bread.
- Salt – I almost always use sea salt but you can use any salt you have on hand.
- Vegetable Oil – You can also use canola oil in this recipe.
- Milk – I used whole vitamin D milk but you can use any milk you have on hand!
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Cloves
- Ground Ginger
Tools to have on hand for this recipe:
- Bread Loaf Pan – To bake your bread in.
- Mixing Bowl – For mixing the bread batter.
- Mixing Spoon – To mix your batter.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons – Properly measure the ingredients.
How to make Pumpkin Cinnamon Bread:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix “cinnamon sugar” in a small bowl and set aside.
In a second bowl, mix together flour, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and baking powder.
In a third large bowl, whisk together sugars, oil, pumpkin puree and milk. Add vanilla extract and egg and mix to combine. Gradually add flour mixture and mix until fully combined.
Pour half of the pumpkin bread mixture into a lightly oiled 9″ x 5″ bread dish. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar on top. Evenly pour remaining pumpkin bread mixture on top. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar.
Bake in the oven for 50 minutes. A knife should run though the bread and come out clean.
Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack to let cool. Slice and serve!
CAN I MAKE Pumpkin BREAD AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes! Bake Pumpkin Cinnamon Bread as directed and allow to cool completely. Store in a sealed storage bag or container on the counter for 3-5 days.
HOW TO FREEZE Pumpkin BREAD:
To bake bread ahead of time and freeze it for a longer storage life, wrap bread tightly in plastic wrap and place in an airtight freezer bag for up to 3 months. You can also slice the bread and wrap individual slices of bread with plastic wrap if you don’t want to thaw the whole loaf and instead want to eat a slice at a time.
To thaw: Pull bread out of the freezer and let come to room temperature. Slice and serve. Eat within 24 hours.
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more bread recipes I think you’ll love:
- Apple Cinnamon Banana Bread – Delicious banana bread made with fresh apple and a cinnamon brown sugar crumb topping.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread – Moist and delicious banana bread made with lots of chocolate chips!
- Skillet Cornbread – Moist, buttery and delicious homemade cornbread baked in a cast iron skillet. A touch of honey and fresh corn takes this cornbread to the next level.
- Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake Bread Bars – Two of my most favorite autumn treats wrapped together in one delicious bar. The warm spices of the pumpkin bread layered with rich and creamy cheesecake make this bar the perfect fall dessert.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Bread
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix “cinnamon sugar” in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a second bowl, mix together flour, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and baking powder.
- In a third large bowl, whisk together sugars, oil, pumpkin puree and milk. Add vanilla extract and egg and mix to combine. Gradually add flour mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Pour half of the pumpkin bread mixture into a lightly oiled 9″ x 5″ bread dish. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar on top. Evenly pour remaining pumpkin bread mixture on top. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes. A knife should run though the bread and come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack to let cool. Slice and serve!
If you tried this recipe, please don’t forget to leave a review. 🙂