Balsamic Glazed Carrots – Quick and easy balsamic glazed baby carrots with a hint of lemon and honey. These are perfect for a healthy side dish to pair with your lunch or dinner!
Tools to have on hand to make Balsamic Glazed Carrots:
- Skillet or Medium Saucepan – To cook your glazed carrots in.
- Stirring Spoon – For stirring the carrots to ensure an even cook.
- Measuring Cups + Spoons – To properly measure your ingredients.
Glazed carrots are perfect for the holidays! My Balsamic Glazed Carrots add a delicious twist to the traditional glazed carrots. Not only are they delicious, they are so easy to make! There is no chopping required. Just pop open your bag of baby carrots and dump them into your skillet.
If you want to use regular whole carrots, that’s perfectly fine too. Just cut the carrots into about two inch chunks and follow instructions for the recipe. Either way you can’t go wrong!
We served our glazed carrots with one of my favorite main courses, my Slow Cooked Tender London Broil recipe. It was absolutely delicious! I will link some more of my favorite main courses to pair with these carrots for you below.
This recipe serves about six people, so if you are serving these for a large gathering, simply double the recipe. They also make excellent leftovers. Let’s get cooking!
Ingredients you need to make my Balsamic Glazed Carrots:
- Baby Carrots – You’ll need about one and a half pounds of baby carrots. You can also thickly chop whole carrots if you don’t have baby carrots. Substitute 4 cups chopped.
- Balsamic Vinegar – Use any balsamic vinegar you have on hand.
- Brown Sugar – Dark or light brown sugar both work.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted butter both work great in this recipe.
- Water – To steam the carrots.
- Honey – Your favorite raw honey will do!
- Lemon Juice – Fresh lemon juice from about a quarter of a lemon.
- Parsley – Fresh is always best.
- Salt – Salt is added to the carrots while steaming to bring out the flavor of the carrots.
How to make Balsamic Glazed Carrots:
Start by adding the carrots to your skillet or saucepan. Salt the carrots. Pour in water and bring to a low simmer. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until carrots are nice and tender.
Remove lid to let any remaining water cook off. Add butter, sugar, honey, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar to the pan. Turn heat up to medium-high. Cook, stirring frequently, for a few minutes until the carrots have a nice glaze.
When done, remove glazed carrots from heat, sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Store completely cooled carrots in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Main courses that pair perfectly with glazed carrots:
- Slow Cooked Tender London Broil – This London broil recipe is super easy and absolutely melt in your mouth delicious.
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Brown Sugar Pork Roast – Tender and delicious pork roast slow cooked in a crockpot with a sticky balsamic brown sugar glaze.
- Oven Ribeye Steak – Crusty, tender and delicious bone-in ribeye steaks seared on a cast iron skillet and finished in the oven.
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast – Tender and delicious pot roast made in a slow cooker/crockpot with boneless chuck roast, carrots, celery and onion.
Here are a few more side dishes like Balsamic Glazed Carrots I think you’ll love:
- Honey Roasted Whole Carrots – Whole carrots seasoned with honey, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and fresh dill roasted to perfection in the oven.
- Sautéed Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potato, Bacon, Cranberries & Pine Nuts – The sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts are tossed in nutmeg and cinnamon which gives this dish those warm, comforting flavors that transport you right into the holiday season.
- Roasted Rosemary Garlic Potatoes – Fresh rosemary and garlic baked red potatoes with a light golden crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese – The creamiest, cheesiest mac and cheese baked to a golden perfection! What could be better?
Balsamic Glazed Carrots
- 1 1/2 lb. Baby Carrots
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Parsley fresh chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Start by adding the carrots to your skillet or saucepan. Salt the carrots. Pour in water and bring to a low simmer. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until carrots are nice and tender.
- Remove lid to let any remaining water cook off. Add butter, sugar, lemon juice, honey and balsamic vinegar to the pan. Turn heat up to medium-high. Cook, stirring frequently, for a few minutes until the carrots have a nice glaze.
- When done, remove glazed carrots from heat, sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
- Store completely cooled carrots in the fridge for up to 3 days.