Easy Homemade Pancakes – Light fluffy pancakes are the most delicious breakfast treat. Top with butter, a drizzle of syrup and fresh fruit.
I am so excited to share my slightly sweet and extremely delicious homemade pancake recipe with you. With only a few simple ingredients, these pancakes come together in just 20 minutes!
We topped our pancakes with fresh blueberries, warm maple syrup and butter. And you definitely can’t go wrong with a side of crisp bacon or sausage links. Another one of my favorite ways to eat these pancakes is with my Homemade Strawberry Sauce.
This recipe makes about six 6″ pancakes serving around 2-4 people depending on everyone’s appetite. If you are cooking for a crowd, simply double the recipe.
If you have leftover pancakes you can easily store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. To reheat, simply heat on your stovetop or pop them in the microwave for about 20 seconds per pancake. For more details on storing and reheating pancakes, please see below.
Tools to have on hand for this recipe:
- Mixing Bowl – To whip up the pancake batter.
- Mixing Fork/Whisk – For mixing your pancake batter.
- Measuring Cups + Spoons – Measuring all of your ingredients.
- Nonstick Skillet – To cook your pancakes. A nonstick skillet is key in this recipe!
- Spatula – For flipping your pancakes.
Ingredients you need to make light fluffy pancakes:
- All-Purpose Flour – Very versatile flour perfect for making pancakes.
- Milk – I used whole milk in this recipe, but you can also use 2% or almond milk.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted butter both work great in this recipe!
- Baking Powder – For a lighter and fluffier pancake.
- White Granulated Sugar – To sweeten up the pancake.
- Egg – This helps create a nice texture.
- Vanilla Extract – For added flavor. You can also skip the vanilla.
How to make Easy Homemade Pancakes:
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and sugar. Stir in milk, melted butter, egg and vanilla extract. Mix to ensure ingredients are well combined.
Heat your nonstick skillet to medium heat. Scoop about 1/3 cup of pancake batter directly into middle of the pan. Let cook until top begins to bubble and edges are golden. Flip pancake over and let cook another minute or until bottom is golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
To keep your pancakes warm while cooking, place on a plate and cover with a clean towel.
Serve warm pancakes with butter, syrup and your favorite fresh fruit. Enjoy!
Recipe notes: For an even golden top, I don’t oil or butter the skillet prior to cooking the pancakes. If you don’t have a very good nonstick skillet you may want to lightly oil to prevent the pancakes from sticking.
How to store homemade pancakes:
Store completely cooled pancakes in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. Separate pancakes with a piece of parchment paper to prevent sticking. Pancakes will last in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. They will last stored in the freezer for up to 60 days.
To reheat your fridge/freezer pancakes:
To reheat pancakes stored in the fridge: Heat a skillet to medium heat and heat for about 30 seconds on each side. Or heat pancakes in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds per pancake.
To reheat pancakes stored in the freezer: Heat oven to 325 degrees and place frozen pancakes on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes.
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more breakfast recipes I think you’ll love:
- Homemade Belgian Waffles – With a light crunch on the outside and a soft and fluffy center, this waffle recipe is mouth-watering delicious!
- French Toast Recipe – A breakfast favorite! Homemade french toast is so easy to make and is absolutely delicious! Top with a drizzle of syrup, butter and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
- Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake – The most delicious coffee cake layered with a chocolate ribbon, fresh blueberries and a scrumptious streusel topping.
- Easy Breakfast Potatoes – Super simple homemade breakfast potato recipe made with fresh potatoes, herbs and seasonings.
- Blueberry Cheese Danish Pastries – Scrumptious blueberry and cheese danishes made with a flaky and buttery puff pastry. These are the perfect sweet breakfast pastry or dessert!
If you tried this recipe, please don’t forget to leave a review. 🙂
Easy Homemade Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Butter melted
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and sugar. Stir in milk, melted butter, egg and vanilla extract. Mix to ensure ingredients are well combined.
- Heat your nonstick skillet to medium heat. Scoop about 1/3 cup of pancake batter directly into middle of the pan. Let cook until top begins to bubble and edges are golden. Flip pancake over and let cook another minute or until bottom is golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- To keep your pancakes warm while cooking place on a plate and cover with a towel.
- Serve warm pancakes with butter, syrup and your favorite fresh fruit. Enjoy!