Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole with Sausage - Super easy and delicious breakfast casserole made with sausage, peppers, onions, eggs and cheese topped with tater tots.
My breakfast casserole is super easy to make and is perfect for serving large and small crowds. This recipe will serve about 4-6 people. If you are cooking for a large crowd you can make multiple casseroles by doubling the recipe.
Breakfast Casseroles are one of my favorite things to make when I stay with family because they are usually easy and will serve a lot of people. Everyone always loves my Tater Tot Sausage Casserole! You can serve it with a dollop of sour cream, hot sauce, ketchup or your favorite salsa.
Ingredients You Need To Make My Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole:
Tater Tots - You'll need one 28 ounce bag of frozen tater tots.
Breakfast Sausage - I like to use the Jimmy Dean breakfast pork sausage. You can use your favorite breakfast sausage. You'll need one pound.
Cheese - We used sharp cheddar in this recipe, but you can use mild, or a blend of your favorite cheese.
Peppers - Red and green bell peppers. About a half cup of each - chopped.
Onions - Yellow, sweet or white onion. About a half cup chopped.
Eggs - You'll need eight eggs.
Green Onions - This is an optional garnish but I think it adds a delicious fresh flavor! If you want to use it, you'll need about 1 - 2 stalks chopped.
Salt & Black Pepper - To season the eggs.
Tools to have on hand for this recipe:
- Baking Dish 9x13 - To bake the casserole in.
- Large Skillet - For cooking the sausage and peppers prior to baking.
- Cutting Board + Knife - For preparing veggies.
How To Make The Best Tater Tot Sausage Breakfast Casserole:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium heat with the chopped peppers and onions. Once the sausage is cooked through, drain any excess grease.
Transfer sausage/peppers mixture to the bottom of your baking dish.
Whisk the eggs together in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour eggs evenly over the sausage. Sprinkle top evenly with shredded cheese.
Arrange tater tots on top and transfer to the oven. Bake for about 40-45 minutes.
When done, tots will be lightly golden and eggs will be set/cooked through.
Sprinkle top with chopped green onions and serve!
More Easy Crowd Friendly Breakfast Recipes:
Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Glaze - Mouthwatering, soft and gooey homemade cinnamon rolls topped with the most delicious cream cheese glaze.
Easy Homemade Pancakes - Light fluffy pancakes are the most delicious breakfast treat. Top with butter, a drizzle of syrup and fresh fruit.
Homemade Belgian Waffles - With a light crunch on the outside and a soft and fluffy center, this waffle recipe is mouth-watering delicious! Waffles are definitely my weak spot when it comes to sweet breakfast food.
Bacon Egg Cheese Croissant - Golden toasted croissants topped with crisp thick cut bacon, sliced melty cheddar cheese, an over-hard egg, butter lettuce, sliced tomato and spicy mayonnaise. This is the ultimate tasty breakfast sandwich!
Tater Tot Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 28 oz Frozen Tater Tots
- 1 lb Breakfast Sausage like Jimmy Dean
- 8 Eggs
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- ½ cup Green Bell Pepper chopped
- ½ cup Red Bell Pepper chopped
- ½ cup Yellow Onion chopped
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium heat with the chopped peppers and onions. Once the sausage is cooked through, drain any excess grease.
- Transfer sausage/peppers mixture to the bottom of your baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs together in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour eggs evenly over the sausage. Sprinkle top evenly with shredded cheese.
- Arrange tater tots on top and transfer to the oven. Bake for about 40-45 minutes.
- When done, tots will be lightly golden and eggs will be set/cooked through.
- Sprinkle top with chopped green onions and serve!