Carne Asada Street Tacos - Delicious marinated carne asada served on lightly grilled corn tortillas with fresh cilantro, chopped onion, sliced radishes and avocado salsa verde.
These carne asada tacos are melt in your mouth delicious! They are the perfect dinner or easy lunch recipe. They are amazing when serving large crowds at a party because they are so easy to make and everyone loves them!
Pair these delicious Carne Asada Street Tacos with homemade Mexican Rice and Authentic Mexican Refried Beans for absolute perfection! I will link a few more of my favorite side dishes that pair perfectly with this recipe for you below.
This recipe makes about 18 street tacos which serves around 6 people. If you are cooking for a very large crowd, you can double or even triple this recipe. I am so excited to share this recipe with you. Let's get grilling!
Ingredients you need to make Carne Asada Street Tacos:
Carne Asada Meat - This could be labeled as carne asada meat, skirt steak or flank steak. It is a thin cut of meat.
Lime Juice - The juice from about 1 lime or equivalent to 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
Red Wine Vinegar - If you don't have red wine vinegar, you can also use apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar. This helps to tenderize the meat.
Orange Juice - You can use the juice from a fresh orange or you can use orange juice from a carton.
Soy Sauce - I almost always use low sodium soy sauce but you may also use regular soy sauce.
Cumin - This adds an absolutely delicious flavor to your carne asada.
Chili Powder - You can use regular chili powder or chipotle chili powder also works great in this recipe.
Salt - I always use sea salt in my recipes, but you can use any salt you have on hand.
Oregano - I used dried oregano but if you prefer to use fresh oregano, double the amount in the recipe and finely chop.
Cilantro - Fresh cilantro - about a handful chopped or equivalent to ¾ cup.
Black Pepper - Fresh cracked black pepper or ground black pepper both work great.
Garlic Cloves - You'll need two garlic cloves. Fresh is best.
Oil - You may use olive oil, canola, vegetable or avocado oil.
Street Taco Tortillas - These are very small CORN tortillas labeled "street tacos".
* Full ingredient measurements and instructions listed below.
Tools to have on hand for this recipe:
- Grill - To grill your carne asada meat.
- Tongs - To flip your carne asada while grilling.
- Cutting Board + Chef Knife - For chopping and preparing the veggies and meat after it's done cooking.
- Mixing Bowl - To mix your marinade in.
- Measuring Spoons + Cups - For properly measuring your ingredients.
- Storage Bag or Storage Container - To place the carne asada in while marinating in the fridge.
How to make the best Carne Asada Street Tacos:
In a large bowl, add all of the marinade ingredients and whisk to combine.
Add carne asada meat to a storage bag or storage container and pour in marinade. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours.
When the meat is done marinating, heat your grill to high heat. Lightly oil the grill and add the meat. Cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side.
When done, transfer to a cutting board and slice into thin slices or chop into small chunks.
Heat tortillas on the hot grill. When lightly charred and hot, they are done.
Serve carne asada on tortillas with chopped onion, cilantro, thinly sliced radishes and avocado salsa verde. Enjoy!!
Mexican side dishes that pair perfectly with tacos:
Instant Pot Mexican Refried Beans - The easiest, most delicious authentic style Mexican refried beans made in an instant pot (pressure cooker)!
Mexican Rice - (Spanish Rice) The perfect side dish to pair with your favorite enchiladas, tacos, tamales, burritos and more!
Guacamole - The perfect guac and you can whip it up in less than 5 minutes. Chips and guacamole is the perfect appetizer, you can use this guac as a dip for taquitos, on top of a burger, with breakfast, and so much more.
Authentic Mexican Refried Beans - These beans are the ones you hope to get on your plate when eating real Mexican food. They go great as a side dish or in a burrito, and more!
Grilled Mexican Corn - Also known as “Mexican Street Corn” or “Elote”. This grilled corn is perfect for your upcoming summer BBQ’s!
More easy and delicious Mexican main courses:
Pollo Asada Tacos - Delicious authentic Mexican style marinated chicken tacos grilled to perfection on the barbecue and topped off with avocado salsa verde, onion, cilantro and radishes.
Baked Chicken Flautas - Shredded chicken rolled in flour tortillas baked to crispy perfection. These flautas make for a perfect appetizer, party food, lunch or dinner!
Baked Chicken Taquitos - Crispy homemade chicken taquitos are the perfect main course or appetizer. Shredded chicken wrapped tightly in corn tortillas then baked (or fried) to golden perfection. Serve with guacamole, salsa or sour cream!
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Enchiladas - Slow cooker shredded salsa chicken wrapped in king size tortillas with jack and cheddar cheese topped with homemade enchilada sauce.
Carne Asada Street Tacos
- 2 lbs Carne Asada Meat
- 18 Street Taco Corn Tortillas
- ½ cup White Onion finely chopped, topping
- ¼ cup Cilantro finely chopped, topping
- ½ cup Radishes thinly sliced
- Avocado Salsa Verde or Guacamole recipe links in notes
Carne Asada Marinade
- 2 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 3 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup Orange Juice
- 2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- ¼ cup Cilantro chopped
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- In a large bowl, add all of the marinade ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Add carne asada meat to a storage bag or storage container and pour in marinade. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours.
- When the meat is done marinating, heat your grill to high heat. Lightly oil the grill and add the meat. Cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side.
- When done, transfer to a cutting board and slice into thin slices or chop into small chunks.
- Heat tortillas on the hot grill. When lightly charred and hot, they are done.
- Serve carne asada on tortillas with chopped onion, cilantro, thinly sliced radishes and avocado salsa verde. Enjoy!!