Healthy Blueberry Banana Muffin Recipe– My easy and delicious homemade blueberry banana muffins are made with only real clean ingredients. No ultra-processed refined white flours or sugars! These muffins are also gluten-free.
If you are looking for a guilt-free easy breakfast muffin recipe, you have found it! These Blueberry Banana Muffins are made with only good clean ingredients without any highly processed white flours or sugars.
Not only are these muffins a healthier option, but they are super easy to make and absolutely delicious! This recipe will give you twelve standard sized muffins. If you are baking for a larger crowd, simply double the recipe.
Ingredients you need to make healthy gluten free muffins:
Organic Rolled Oats – Gluten-free organic rolled outs are best. Oats are naturally gluten-free but can sometimes contain traces of gluten. So be sure to buy gluten-free if you are strict about gluten.
Almond Flour – You can also use your favorite gluten-free flour. If using an alternative gluten-free flour, make sure the substitutions are 1:1. If you aren’t gluten free, feel free to use regular all purpose flour.
Milk – I used almond milk in this recipe. You can use any milk you prefer!
Baking Soda – This will assist in the rising process.
Baking Powder – This will assist in the rising process of the muffins.
Bananas – You will need two large very ripe bananas. The riper, the better!
Blueberries – Fresh or frozen blueberries both work great! You can also use raspberries or blackberries in this recipe.
Vanilla Extract – Pure vanilla extract adds a delicious flavor to the muffins.
Butter – Grass-fed or your favorite salted or unsalted butter.
Eggs – You’ll need two eggs. Pasture-raised eggs are the best you can buy but you can use whatever you have on hand!
Salt – Sea salt or Himalayan salt, or whatever you have on hand.
Ground Cinnamon – Adds a delicious spice to the muffins!
Tools to have on hand for this recipe:
- Large Mixing Bowl – To mix the muffin batter.
- Mixing Spoon – For mixing the batter.
- Measuring Spoons + Cups – To properly measure all of your ingredients.
- Muffin Pan – To bake your muffins in.
- Muffin Liners – To bake your muffins in and to prevent sticking to pan.
How to make Healthy Blueberry Banana Muffins:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Line a standard muffin pan with paper muffin liners.
In a large mixing bowl, add oats and milk. Let sit for about 10 minutes until the oats soften.
Add mashed banana, maple syrup, melted butter, and vanilla extract to the oats and mix until well combined. Add eggs and mix until combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk almond flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix until fully combined. Fold blueberries into the mixture.
Fill muffin cups up about 3/4 of the way full. Bake in preheated oven for 22-24 minutes until tops are golden. A toothpick or knife should run through the muffin and comes out clean.
Remove muffins from the oven and let cool on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
How to store homemade muffins:
Store homemade muffins in a storage bag or sealed container on the counter for up to 2-3 days.
You can also store these muffins in the fridge for up to a week and in the freezer for up to a month.
More delicious breakfast recipes:
Banana Nut Muffins – Super moist and delicious banana nut muffins make for a delicious quick and easy breakfast. This recipe is such a great way to use up overly ripe bananas.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls – Super easy and healthy energy bites make for a delicious midday snack or breakfast. These bites are packed with healthy energy boosting ingredients that don’t weigh you down.
Bacon Egg Cheese Croissant – Golden toasted croissants topped with crisp thick cut bacon, sliced melty cheddar cheese, an over-hard egg, butter lettuce, sliced tomato and spicy mayonnaise. This is the ultimate tasty breakfast sandwich!
Easy Breakfast Potatoes – Super simple homemade breakfast potato recipe made with fresh potatoes, herbs and seasonings. Serve with fresh cooked eggs, toast, in a breakfast burrito and more.
Healthy Blueberry Banana Muffins
- 1 cup Rolled Oats (gluten free + organic)
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk or milk of your choice
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Flour or gluten-free flour**see notes
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup or Raw Honey
- 2 Bananas peeled + mashed
- 1 cup Blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a standard muffin pan with paper muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, add oats and milk. Let sit for about 10 minutes until the oats soften.
- Add mashed banana, maple syrup, melted butter, and vanilla extract to the oats and mix until well combined. Add eggs and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk almond flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix until fully combined. Fold blueberries into the mixture.
- Fill muffin cups up about 3/4 of the way full. Bake in preheated oven for 22-24 minutes until tops are golden. A toothpick or knife should run through the muffin and comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from the oven and let cool on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Made these this morning and they were delicious. Wouldn’t change a thing in this recipe. Thanks for a great recipe.
Amanda Cooks & Styles
Hi Kimberly! Thank you so much for your kind review!! :)Amanda
I love your recipes, but could you add nutritional facts as well?
Amanda Cooks & Styles
Hi Laurie, Thank you! I will work on it. :)Amanda