BLTA Sandwiches – The very best Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato & Avocado Sandwiches! Made with thick crisp bacon, butter lettuce, sliced heirloom tomatoes and avocado with spicy mayonnaise on grilled rye bread.
Done in under 20 minutes, these classic BLT’s with avocado are not only super delicious but so easy to make! If you are looking for an easy lunch to whip up for the family, this is your recipe.
We served our sandwiches with barbecue chips but you can serve yours with fresh fruit, french fries, potato salad and more! I will link some of my favorite side dishes to serve with this recipe for you below.
This recipe makes 4 generous sized sandwiches. If you are cooking for a crowd you can easily double the recipe.
Tools to have on hand for this recipe:
- Large Skillet – To cook your bacon on and to grill the bread.
- Chef Knife + Cutting Board – To chop and prepare the veggies for your sandwich.
- Small Bowl – To mix your spicy mayonnaise.
Ingredients you need to make BLTA’s:
- Rye Bread – You can use your favorite bread! Sourdough, wheat, artisan, and french bread all work great in this recipe. Try my delicious Rustic French Bread Recipe!
- Bacon – I used thick cut bacon in this recipe, but you can use any bacon you have on hand.
- Tomatoes – I used my favorite Heirloom tomatoes in this recipe because they are so juicy and flavorful. But, if you don’t have heirlooms, you can use any tomatoes you prefer!
- Avocado – You’ll need about two avocados for this recipe. Although, you can get away with just using one if that’s all you have.
- Lettuce – I used butter lettuce in this recipe but you can also use romaine lettuce, spinach, or shredded iceberg lettuce.
- Yellow Mustard + Mayonnaise + Sriracha – For the super tasty spicy mayonnaise! If you don’t like spice, you can skip the sriracha.
**Full recipe ingredients and instructions are listed below.
How to make the most delicious BLTA Sandwiches ever!
Start by cooking the bacon in a large skillet until nice and crisp. Then, remove the bacon from the pan and set on a paper towel lined plate.
Prepare the veggies for your sandwich and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, mustard and sriracha.
Lightly butter both sides of the rye bread and place on hot skillet. Cook until golden, then flip over and cook other side until golden. Repeat with all of the bread.
Arrange your BLTA by spreading about a tablespoon of spicy mayo on each slice of bread. Top with bacon, tomato, avocado and lettuce! Enjoy!
How to store leftovers: Store leftover veggies in an airtight container in the fridge. To keep avocado fresh, store with avocado seed in an airtight container for up to a day. Store bread in a storage bag on the counter.
Here are a few of my most favorite side dishes to serve with sandwiches:
- Baked Potato Wedges – Seasoned potato wedges baked to golden perfection are the perfect appetizer or side dish. Serve with your favorite dipping sauces!
- Creamy Macaroni Salad – Super creamy and delicious Classic American Macaroni Salad is the perfect side dish for cookouts and picnics!
- Classic American Potato Salad – The perfect side dish for your upcoming summer BBQ’s! Made with hard boiled eggs, this classic potato salad is creamy and delicious!
- Shoestring Fries – Thin and crispy baked shoestring french fries make for a delicious side dish or appetizer! Serve with your favorite fry sauces.
- Creamy Classic Coleslaw – My classic coleslaw recipe is made with a delicious slightly sweet and creamy homemade coleslaw dressing. Serve as a barbecue side dish, on pulled pork sandwiches, tacos and more!
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more sandwich recipes I think you’ll love:
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches – Melt in your mouth beef roast cooked in slow cooker with tender onions piled high on top a french roll with swiss cheese.
- Fried Chicken Sliders – The most delicious baked fried chicken sliders served on toasted Hawaiian rolls with dill pickle chips, shredded lettuce and sriracha aioli.
- Big Mac Sliders – The most delicious copycat Big Mac recipe in mini slider form! Layered just like a Big Mac with burger sauce, lettuce, beef patties, cheese, pickles and onions with three bun layers!
- Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches – Made with baked parmesan chicken, mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce on toasty bread!
- 8 slices Rye Bread
- 12 slices Bacon
- 8 slices Tomatoes
- 2 sliced Avocados
- 1 head Lettuce
- 2 tsp Mustard
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- Start by cooking the bacon in a large skillet until nice and crisp. Then, remove from pan and set on a paper towel lined plate.
- Prep the veggies for the sandwich and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, mustard and sriracha.
- Lightly butter both sides of the rye bread and place on hot skillet. Cook until golden, then flip over and cook other side until golden. Repeat with all bread.
- Arrange your BLTA by spreading about a tablespoon of spicy mayo on each slice of bread. Top with bacon, tomato slices, a few avocado slices and lettuce! Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by! If you tried my BLTA Sandwiches, please don’t forget to leave a review.