Buffalo Chicken Dip – Easy, creamy and slightly spicy franks buffalo chicken dip is the ultimate appetizer! Dip with fresh chopped celery sticks or sliced bruschetta.
Tools to have on hand for this recipe:
- Small Saucepan – To cook your buffalo chicken dip.
- Cooking Spoon – For cooking your buffalo chicken dip.
- Measuring Spoons + Cups – Measuring your ingredients.
- Small Baking Dish or Oven Safe Skillet – To brown the top of your dip in the oven.
If you’re looking for a delicious appetizer to serve at your upcoming get togethers, this is it! My Buffalo Chicken Dip is creamy, spicy and packed with so much flavor.
Top buffalo chicken dip with chopped green onions and get dipping! I love dipping with celery sticks, carrots, grape tomatoes and bruschetta. This has become one of my favorite appetizers.
From start to finish this recipe takes about 20 minutes to make from start to finish. You can also make the dip ahead of time and reheat when you are ready to eat. For instructions on reheating, see below.
This recipe serves about 6 people, so if you are cooking for a large crowd, simply double the recipe.
Ingredients you’ll need to make my Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe:
- Shredded Chicken – I used shredded rotisserie chicken in this recipe.
- Buffalo Sauce – I use Franks Red Hot Sauce, but you can use your favorite brand.
- Cream Cheese – Full fat cream cheese works best in this recipe.
- Sour Cream – Full fat sour cream works best in this recipe.
- Milk – I used vitamin d milk in this recipe.
- Cheddar Cheese – Sharp cheddar cheese is my favorite cheese to use in this recipe, but you can also use mild cheddar, white cheddar or colby.
- Onion – You can use yellow, white or red onion.
- Dried Parsley – You can also use fresh, just double the amount and finely chop.
- Dried Dill – You can also use fresh, just double the amount and finely chop.
- Black Pepper – I always use fresh cracked pepper, but you can use ground as well.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted butter both work great.
How to make my creamy delicious Franks Buffalo Chicken Dip (keto friendly):
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Heat a medium saucepan to medium heat. Add butter and onions and cook until onions are tender.
Add cream cheese, milk, sour cream, dill, parsley and black pepper. Stir until cheese is melted and creamy.
Add shredded chicken, buffalo sauce and cheddar cheese and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
Pour dip into an oven safe dish and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until top is golden and bubbly. Remove dip from the oven and sprinkle with chopped green onions (optional).
Dip with crostini, sliced baguette, celery sticks or carrots.
How to reheat Buffalo Chicken Dip:
You can easily reheat this dip in the microwave for 2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds.
To reheat in the oven, preheat oven to 350 degrees, cover dip with foil and heat for 15-20 minutes.
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more of my favorite appetizer recipes I think you’ll love:
- Tomato, Mozzarella & Basil Bruschetta – Topped with fresh tomato, basil, chopped onion, minced garlic tossed in balsamic vinegar.
- Fried Zucchini – “Zucchini Fries” are the perfect appetizer or side dish dipped in your favorite marinara sauce or ranch dressing.
- Baked Potato Wedges – Seasoned potato wedges baked to golden perfection are the perfect appetizer or side dish. Serve with your favorite dipping sauces!
- Spicy Pineapple Avocado Salsa – Fresh chunks of pineapple, avocado, tomatoes, peppers and cilantro with a touch of fresh lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Guacamole – Chips and guacamole is the perfect appetizer, you can use this guac as a dip for taquitos, on top of a burger, with breakfast, and so much more.
Looking for more rotisserie chicken recipes?
- Grape & Walnut Chicken Salad – Delicious easy rotisserie chicken salad with grapes, walnuts, celery, and onion in a delicious creamy sauce.
- Creamy Chicken Taco Soup – Easiest taco soup recipe cooked on the stovetop with shredded chicken, pinto beans, tomato and corn in a creamy flavor packed soup finished with cilantro and lime juice.
- How To Grill A Whole Chicken On The Barbecue – Cooking a whole chicken on the grill gives the chicken a rotisserie like flavor that is unbeatable.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cups Shredded Chicken
- 1/3 cup Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese softened (4 oz.)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/4 tsp Dried Dill
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a medium saucepan to medium heat. Add butter and onions and cook until onions are tender.
- Add cream cheese, milk, sour cream, dill, parsley and black pepper. Stir until cheese is melted and creamy.
- Add shredded chicken, buffalo sauce and cheddar cheese and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Pour dip into an oven safe dish and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until top is golden and bubbly. Remove dip from the oven and sprinkle with chopped green onions (optional).
- Dip with crostini, sliced baguette, celery sticks or carrots.