Grape Walnut Chicken Salad – Delicious easy rotisserie chicken salad with grapes, walnuts, celery, and onion in a delicious creamy sauce. Serve salad on toasty sliced bread, a croissant or with crackers.
This chicken salad is something I can eat over and over again. It is packed with so many delicious flavors from the grapes, walnuts, celery, onions and the lemon honey creamy dressing. I served my salad on sliced rye bread and it was super delicious.
You can also serve this salad by itself or with your favorite crackers. This chicken salad makes for a great easy and healthy lunch. Another great idea is to serve this salad on top of your favorite lettuce – like spinach, kale, romaine and more.
Chicken salad is perfect for picnics, parties, work lunches and more. This recipe makes about 3 cups of chicken salad which serves about 4 people. If you are cooking for a crowd, you can easily double or triple this recipe.
Tools to have on hand for this recipe:
- Mixing Bowls – For mixing your chicken salad and for mixing the creamy sauce.
- Measuring Cups + Spoons – To measure the ingredients.
- Mixing Spoon/Fork – For mixing the chicken salad.
- Cutting Board – To chop and prep the veggies that go into the salad.
- Chef Knife – To chop and prep the veggies that go into the salad.
- Storage Container or Plastic Wrap – To store your salad in the fridge.
Ingredients that go into making chicken salad with grapes and walnuts:
- Shredded Chicken – I used shredded rotisserie chicken but you can also boil chicken breasts and shred it. Both work great!
- Grapes – I used black grapes, but you can use red or green grapes as well.
- Red Onion – If you don’t have red onion, you can also use yellow or sweet onion.
- Celery – Thinly sliced celery.
- Walnuts – Walnut halves or chopped walnuts.
- Mayonnaise – You can skip the mayo and use all greek yogurt for a lighter, healthier salad.
- Greek Yogurt – You can skip the greek yogurt and sub all mayo if you don’t like greek yogurt.
- Mustard – I used yellow mustard, but you can also use dijon or grainy mustard.
- Dried Dill – You can also use fresh chopped dill. Just double the amount.
- Honey – Honey adds a delicious flavor to the dressing.
- Lemon – Lemon adds an amazing fresh flavor the the dressing.
- Pepper – Fresh cracked black pepper is my favorite. You can also use ground black pepper as well.
How to make my delicious Grape Walnut Chicken Salad:
In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard, greek yogurt, honey, lemon juice, dried dill, black pepper and set aside for later.
In a large bowl, mix shredded chicken, celery, grapes, walnuts, green onion and red onion. Pour in dressing and mix to fully combine.
Cover salad with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to fully develop. Serve chicken salad on toasty sliced bread, crackers or a warm croissant. Enjoy!
How to store homemade chicken salad and how long does it last?:
This chicken salad will last in your fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 days. For the best results, eat salad within the first 1-2 days.
Side dishes to serve with homemade chicken salad:
- Oven Steak Fries – With a very light crunch on the outside and soft potato center, these baked fries are mouth watering delicious.
- Simple Caesar Salad – My quick and easy caesar salad is made with homemade dressing, crunchy romaine, croutons and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Grilled Zucchini – The most delicious grilled zucchini seasoned with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper makes the perfect BBQ side dish.
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more recipes I think you’ll love:
- Crispy Chicken Caesar Salad – Fresh chopped romaine lettuce topped with crispy pan seared chicken, croutons, shaved parmesan and caesar dressing.
- Chicken Salad with Cranberries – Made with shredded rotisserie chicken, dried cranberries and celery. This chicken salad is simple and delicious!
- Classic American Potato Salad – Classic American Potato Salad is the perfect side dish for your upcoming summer BBQ’s! Made with hard boiled eggs, this classic potato salad is creamy and delicious!
- Classic Macaroni Salad – Super creamy and delicious Classic American Macaroni Salad is the perfect side dish for cookouts and picnics!
If you made this recipe, please don’t forget to leave a review!
Grape Walnut Chicken Salad
- 2 cups Shredded Chicken
- 1/3 cup Walnut Halves
- 3/4 cup Grapes sliced in half
- 1/4 cup Celery sliced thin
- 2 tbsp Red Onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Green Onion chopped
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Dried Dill
- 2 tsp Honey
- 2 tsp Lemon
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard, greek yogurt, honey, lemon juice, dried dill, black pepper and set aside for later.
- In a large bowl, mix shredded chicken, celery, grapes, walnuts, green onion and red onion. Pour in dressing and mix to fully combine.
- Cover salad with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to fully develop. Serve chicken salad on toasty sliced bread, crackers or a warm croissant. Enjoy!