Two Ingredient Cream Cheese Frosting No Butter – The easiest two ingredient cream cheese frosting without butter! This is the perfect easy frosting to spread on your favorite cookies, cakes, cinnamon rolls and more!
I absolutely love this cream cheese frosting recipe because it is so easy to make! Not only is it easy to whip up in a time crunch, it is also super delicious. You can use this frosting on a variety of different treats.
For example, you can spread this No Butter Cream Cheese Frosting on top of freshly baked Cinnamon Rolls, cookies, cupcakes and more. I used this exact recipe on top of my Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies and it was so yummy. I will link some of my favorite recipes for you below.
You can easily make this frosting ahead of time and store in the fridge until you are ready to use. This frosting will last about 3-5 days in the fridge in an airtight container. This recipe makes about 1 cup of frosting, so if you need a large batch, simply double the recipe!
Tools to have on hand for this recipe:
- Stand Mixer or hand mixer – To whip up your cream cheese frosting. You can use a stand mixer or hand held mixer for this recipe. I’ve used both and they both work great.
- Measuring Cups – To properly measure the powdered sugar.
Ingredients you need to make my Two Ingredient Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Cream Cheese – I used full fat cream cheese in this recipe. You’ll need one block of cream cheese for this recipe.
- Confectioners Sugar (powdered sugar) – You’ll need about four cups of powdered sugar for this recipe.
If you want to flavor this frosting, you may use vanilla extract, lemon extract, or any flavor you prefer! Start with only a 1/4 teaspoon at a time and whip into your frosting.
*Full recipe instructions and measurements listed below.
How to make Cream Cheese Frosting with no butter:
Add cream cheese and confectioners sugar to the bowl of your mixer. Fit mixer with whisk attachment and whip over medium spreed until creamy and fluffy.
Spread cream cheese frosting on your favorite cookies, cakes, and more.
Here’s how to store your homemade frosting:
Store cream cheese frosting in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more of my favorite desserts I think you’ll love:
- Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Glaze – Mouthwatering, soft and gooey homemade cinnamon rolls topped with the most delicious cream cheese glaze.
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting – These pumpkin oatmeal cookies are soft and chewy and full of those fall flavors we all know and love.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies – My soft and chewy chocolate peanut butter cookies add a delicious twist to the classic peanut butter cookie.
- One-Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes – Moist and delicious chocolate cupcakes made in one bowl. These cupcakes are not only delicious and easy to make but clean up is a breeze!
Cream Cheese Frosting No Butter
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- Add cream cheese and confectioners sugar to the bowl of your mixer. Fit mixer with whisk attachment and whip over medium spreed until creamy and fluffy.
- Spread cream cheese frosting on your favorite cookies, cakes, and more.
This post was originally published on October 22, 2018 and updated on September 3, 2020.