Crockpot Creamy Chicken Chili – Creamy and delicious chicken chili made with kidney beans, diced tomatoes and corn in a creamy chili sauce. This is the perfect healthy chili to serve for dinner with your favorite toppings.
Making chicken chili is easier than ever when you make it in your slow cooker! The only real prep you need to do is chop the veggies. Then, just plop everything into your slow cooker and forget about it until it’s done!
You can serve homemade chicken chili as a main course, appetizer or side dish. Either way you really can’t go wrong! We served ours as a main course with fresh chopped green onions, sour cream and tortilla chips.
This chili would also be amazing served with warm cornbread, buttery biscuits, fresh sliced avocado and more. Another way I love to eat this creamy chicken chili is over steamed rice. If you haven’t tried chili over steamed rice yet, you’ve got to try it!
This recipe serves about four people and makes great leftovers! If you are cooking for a crowd, simply double or even triple the recipe. If you enjoyed this recipe, I’ll link some more of my favorite soup and chili recipes for you below.
Tools to have on hand for this recipe:
- Slow Cooker / Crockpot – For cooking the chili in.
- Measuring Spoons + Cups – To properly measure all of your ingredients.
- Cutting Board + Chef Knife– To chop and prepare the veggies.
Ingredients you need to make Slow Cooker Chicken Chili:
- Chicken Thighs or Breasts – Boneless, skinless.
- Kidney Beans – I used one 15 oz. can. You can also use black beans or pinto beans.
- Diced Tomatoes – I used one 15 oz. can.
- Onion – Red onion is best in this recipe, but you can also use yellow, white, or sweet onion as well.
- Garlic – Fresh garlic is best in this recipe, but if you only have dried that would work too. Use 1/2 tsp dried garlic in substitution of fresh.
- Cream Cheese – Full fat cream cheese works best in this recipe, but you can also use neufchatel.
- Sour Cream – Low fat or full fat both work great in this recipe.
- Corn – I used frozen corn but you can also use canned corn or fresh corn cut off a cooked cob.
- Chili Powder + Cayenne + Oregano + Salt + Cumin – All dried seasonings.
- Optional Toppings: Avocado, sour cream, chopped onion, chopped tomato, cheese, tortilla chips.
How to make Crockpot Creamy Chicken Chili:
Add all ingredients to your slow cooker except for the chicken and give it a nice stir to fully combine. Add chicken and cover with some of the sauce/bean mixture.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
When ready, chicken will be very tender. Shred chicken with a fork and mix to combine.
Serve chili with shredded cheese, chopped green onion and sour cream.
**Store leftover chili completely cooled in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
My favorite bread recipes to serve with homemade chili:
- Skillet Cornbread – Moist, buttery and delicious homemade cornbread baked in a cast iron skillet. A touch of honey and fresh corn takes this cornbread to the next level. Slice and serve warm with butter and honey.
- Homemade Tortilla Chips – Store bought tortilla chips just don’t do the trick like warm homemade tortilla chips! And they are so easy to make!
- Quick Drop Biscuits – My super easy quick biscuits are done in 20 minutes from start to finish! They are super fluffy, buttery and full of flavor despite the short amount of time it takes the make them.
- Rustic French Bread – Dutch oven bread recipe you can easily make in the comfort of your home! There is nothing better than the smell of freshly baked bread.
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more of my favorite Chili recipes I think you’ll love:
- Slow Cooker Pork Roast Chili – Pork roast pinto bean chili cooked low and slow in a crockpot/slow cooker. This is the easiest, most delicious pork chili ever and it more than exceeded my expectations!
- Slow Cooker Chili w/ Chicken and Sweet Potato – A warm and cozy chili full of delicious flavors like shredded chicken, sweet potato, beans, and warm spices.
- Ground Beef Chili – Hearty ground beef and bean chili cooked low and slow in a slow cooker/crockpot. Serve with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream!
- Vegetarian Lentil Chili – Healthy vegetarian chili packed with lentils, beans and veggies cooked low and slow in my crockpot! Serve with fresh avocado slices, cheese, sour cream and chips.
Crockpot Creamy Chicken Chili
- 1 lb. Chicken Thighs or Breasts
- 1 15 oz. Can Kidney Beans
- 1 15 oz. Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 8 oz. Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Small Onion finely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Add all ingredients to your slow cooker except for the chicken and give it a nice stir to fully combine. Add chicken and cover with some of the sauce/bean mixture.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- When ready, chicken will be very tender. Shred chicken with a fork and mix to combine.
- Serve chili with shredded cheese, chopped green onion and sour cream.
If you tried this recipe, please don’t forget to leave a review! 🙂