Grilled Zucchini – The most delicious zucchini seasoned with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper makes the perfect BBQ side dish. Serve this amazing flavorful zucchini with your favorite grilled meats!
Grilled Zucchini is the perfect addition to your summer cookouts! With only simple five ingredients, not only is this zucchini so easy to make but it is extremely delicious!
Serve as a healthy grilled side dish to really impress your guests! We served our zucchini with my amazing Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Skewers and it was mouthwatering good!
You can grill the zucchini outdoors on your barbecue or you can cook them indoors on a grill pan. Either way you really cannot go wrong! Even though the zucchini is lightly oiled prior to grilling, be sure to lightly oil the grill to prevent sticking.
If you are looking for more side dish ideas for your upcoming barbecue’s, I’ll link some for your below. Some of my favorite side dishes to serve at barbecue’s would have to be classic American potato salad, macaroni salad, bbq bacon baked beans and grilled corn!
This recipe serves about 4-6 people, so if you are cooking for a crowd be sure to double the recipe.
Ingredients you need to make Lemon Grilled Zucchini:
Zucchini – You’ll need about four large zucchini.
Lemon Juice – Fresh lemon juice from a lemon.
Olive Oil – I prefer olive oil in this recipe but you can also use canola or vegetable oil.
Salt – I used sea salt but you can also use regular table salt.
Pepper – I almost always use freshly cracked black pepper. You can also use ground pepper if that’s all you have on hand.
Chopped Green Onion – Optional garnish.
Tools to have on hand:
- Grill or Grill Pan – For grilling the zucchini.
- Basting Brush – To baste zucchini with olive oil/lemon juice mixture.
- Small Mixing Bowl – Mixing the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Cutting Board – For cutting zucchini and prepping for the grill.
- Chef Knife – Slicing zucchini.
- Measuring Spoons – To measure salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Tongs – To easy turn zucchini while on the grill.
How to cook zucchini on the grill:
Cut ends off of zucchini and slice longways about a quarter inch thick. Repeat with all zucchini and lay flat on a cutting board or large clean surface.
Sprinkle both sides of zucchini with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl mix olive oil and lemon juice. Baste both sides of zucchini with mixture.
Heat your grill to medium-high heat. Lightly oil grill to prevent sticking.
Place zucchini on grill and cook for about 2 minutes or until you see nice grill marks. Flip over and cook until you have nice grill marks on the other side.
Remove zucchini from grill and serve with a sprinkle of chopped green onion (optional).
What to serve with Grilled Zucchini?
Here are some of my absolute favorite grilling main courses to serve with this recipe!
- BBQ Pork Skewers with Filipino BBQ Marinade – Delicious grilled pork skewers in a homemade sticky, sweet, and spicy Filipino style BBQ marinade.
- Grilled Spicy BBQ Chicken Thighs – Juicy grilled chicken thighs basted in a spicy homemade barbecue sauce.
- Teriyaki Chicken Skewers – The most delicious marinated teriyaki chicken grilled to perfection and finished with a delicious teriyaki sauce.
- Chicken Satay Skewers with Peanut Sauce – Delicious Southeast Asian marinated grilled chicken skewers served with a creamy peanut dipping sauce.
- BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs – Seasoned chicken thighs wrapped in thick cut bacon, basted in a sweet sauce and then grilled to crisp perfection.
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more summer cookout side dish recipes I think you’ll love:
- Grilled Mexican Corn – Also known as “Mexican Street Corn” or “Elote”. This grilled corn is perfect for your upcoming summer BBQ’s!
- Classic American Potato Salad– The perfect side dish for your upcoming summer BBQ’s! Made with hard boiled eggs, this classic potato salad is creamy and delicious!
- BBQ Bacon Baked Beans – Savory baked beans made with bacon, onion and peppers in a savory sauce with a dash of maple syrup.
- Classic Macaroni Salad – Super creamy and delicious Classic American Macaroni Salad is the perfect side dish for cookouts and picnics!
- Creamy Classic Coleslaw – My classic coleslaw recipe is made with a delicious slightly sweet and creamy homemade coleslaw dressing.
If you tried this recipe, please don’t forget to leave a review!
- 4 Zucchini cut 1/4" longways
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Chopped Green Onion optional garnish
- Cut ends off of zucchini and slice longways about a quarter inch thick. Repeat with all zucchini and lay flat on a cutting board or large clean surface.
- Sprinkle both sides of zucchini with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl mix olive oil and lemon juice. Baste both sides of zucchini with mixture.
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat. Lightly oil grill to prevent sticking.
- Place zucchini on grill and cook for a few minutes or until you see nice grill marks. Flip over and cook until you have nice grill marks on the other side.
- Remove zucchini from grill and serve with a sprinkle of chopped green onion (optional).